Regarding my Resignation

Hi,

I have been here for 4 months (Bahrain) now and before I came here my employer said after 3 month he will increase my salary. But now I am pretty sure he won't do that and there are many of them having the same issue. They promise me everything before I come here and now I am totally disappointed. They are dropping us to our sites on-time and picking up us after 2 or 3 hours late. They are not paying overtime, I worked even in holidays in last 2 months but still I am just like a labor to them. Now I am going to have accommodation issues.This is can't acceptable. They cut my salary without inform me in last month luckily I fought with them and got it back. I can tell you one thing my employers in Sri Lanka are like gods for me now. I am planning to go back to Sri Lanka and I am going to write my  resignation letter.

I have to give them 3 month notice according to my appointment letter. I am aware of Bahrain Law and people are saying so many different ways to do that and I am confused now. Please guide me to get this done and get back to my mother land. Do I have to got to LMR ? or I just have to post my letter by register post?  Should I take legal action? Please guide a way to get my passport back. Even my passport is with them right now.

Thanks and Regards,
Lasantha

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation, the below link is from LMRA which explains you the procedure of sending your resignation

http://lmra.bh/portal/en/faq/question/44

Regarding the Passport, it is illegal for an employer to hold your passport, you must take it up with LMRA.

Good luck
T&R

Hi there. Do think carefully before resigning in a hurry. there may be clauses in your contract that will make you pay for visas and travel costs. This financial burden can be huge, especially since you are here only for the past 4 months.

May I also advise you to be a bit patient. Work conditions do tend to improve over time.

As far your passport is concerned, it is illegal for them to hold on to it. You can seek assistance of your embassy to ensure your passport is returned to you.

All the best!