Having a medical condition.

Hello,
       I am planning to move to Australia in a few years, but I have a medical condition. It does not keep me from working. Would my application still get accepted?

It will depend whether you are applying for a temporary or permanent visa. The problem arises when people are granted a temporary subclass 457 working visa for example, and when they later seek to apply for permanent ksilled migration, they find they cannot meet the health criteria. Only a small number of permanent visa subclasses have eligibility for a health waiver, eg subclass 186 under temporary residence transition stream, or partner visa. ***

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please

I would look to apply for a permanent visa.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Free ads are not allowed
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Ghawk wrote:

Hello,
       I am planning to move to Australia in a few years, but I have a medical condition. It does not keep me from working. Would my application still get accepted?

You might have to specify the actual 'medical condition' to someone to get a real idea.

I have crohns.

I have read that most UK migrants to Australia have had no problems with this.  However, there are also some who have been refused.

It may depend on severity, and the calculation of expected medicals costs for you in the future.

You may only find out for sure after application...