My salary suffice, best neighbouhoods

Hi there,

I have been reading up on life in Ghana and it seems ridiculously expensive. I'm therefore trying to do some deeper digging into the matter of how well i could live.

with accommodation, medial, the full package paid and a salary of $12000 usd I assume I will be ok. It's quite enough. However, after 25% tax deducted and looking at how expensive the common things are I'm still questioning. Particularly because I'd like to avoid spending each months salary just to live a normal life.

Could someone give me an idea of how much dinner would cost at a reasonable restaurant (expat)..
How much a drink would cost at the bar?
How much would a driver cost as this may or may not be included at this point.
As an overall question, how much does one need to really live comfortably there, would you say?

Finally, could someone please recommend the better expat neighborhoods, preferably ones that are not way off town?

Thank you in advance!

Hello Shemek and welcome on board Expat.com

You may check out this thread to have an idea of living expenses : Cost of living in Ghana – 2015

You may also check out other threads in the forum section Cost of living in Ghana to gather some useful infos while waiting for members to revert back.

Regards
Kenjee

ok, Thanks

Prices change quite often and there are a huge range of restaurants but 50-100 cedis will give you a good meal. Beer will cost around 10 cedis in a bar.
Not sure about a driver but 600+ is probably OK
Look for housing in Osu, Labone, Cantonments if you want to be central