English teachers group

hi everyone,

I would like to create a group for those who are teachers. Its purpose is to share teaching experience or to look for a job teaching English or to introduce some one a teaching position.

I really hope that there will be many people in this page join in the group.

It's super cool!!!!!!!

I am an English teacher too and I love sharing my teaching experience, even it's not much because I am thinking to change my working place :D . Let's be friends!!!!!

I'm also an English teacher, now working as an Acting Academic Manager but i have to travel too much. This drives me crazy. Hey 'tien.ho03" do you have any place to suggest? :)

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : please post your ad in the job section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

you hurt me!!!! I studied Business in Finland. Now I am back to be an Eng teacher without a university diploma (cause I quit my study). So it's quite tough for me to work in VN without university cerfitication or something like that. I have 2 TESOL. And that's all. I wish to a a Manager like you in a school, I also love traveling and communicating to people....... but it's such a long way for me to reach.

I am teaching at a school of my friends. It's small. but we help poor students with cheap tuition fee

I'm sorry!

Hi . Hope you have time for our kids class

my schedule is full already

hahaha. just kidding! don't feel bad like that. You don't hurt me.

I feel happy with my life now. I still believe something promising will come to me. How about your job? tell me more. I love travel. I've been to some European countries, but not many in VN

Hi Flower, where is your class?

I'm in the opposite site! I mean I've never been to any foreign countries.
I am not really happy with my present job. It's too much travelling. I work from 14:00-21:00 but in Bien Hoa City, not in Saigon. Even though I am taken there by the company car but the time for travelling is nearly half of my working time. hey, I love teaching kids who are at the age of 6-12 :)). There are so many tasks to sort out in one day. :(( I'll tell you more. Now it's time to go home. Good night friend!

josngo wrote:

hi everyone,

I would like to create a group for those who are teachers. Its purpose is to share teaching experience or to look for a job teaching English or to introduce some one a teaching position.

I really hope that there will be many people in this page join in the group.

This is actually a great idea. Hope you can get something together.

Hello
  This sounds awesome. I'll be looking forward to joining the group when I arrive in January.

josngo wrote:

I am not really happy with my present job. It's too much travelling. I work from 14:00-21:00 but in Bien Hoa City, not in Saigon. Even though I am taken there by the company car but the time for travelling is nearly half of my working time. hey, I love teaching kids who are at the age of 6-12 :)). There are so many tasks to sort out in one day. :(( I'll tell you more. Now it's time to go home. Good night friend!

But are you living in SG? such a long way from BH to HCMC. I love traveling for holiday purposes. It's not like travel a long way to go to work. however, is your job interesting? maybe just don't care about the long distance, let's think about the benefit

binhsbjc wrote:

Hi Tien,
I am looking for an English Teacher for my English Center. If you are interested in the position, we can arrange time to meet you in HCM City for further discussion.

Hi thank you. I am unemployed  :thanks:

But I have to tell you first. I did not graduate from my university in Finland (major in Marketing). I've just had TESOL certification to go for teaching. You should consider it. I don't wanna let you down. So I have to make clear at the beginning.

binhsbjc wrote:

Hi Tien,
We need a teacher whose English is fluent. We will give you a demo class and if your teaching is ok,we will further discuss.
could I meet you for introducing about my Center?

ok. great. Please send me your info via message on this page. I'll give you my email

tien.ho03 wrote:
josngo wrote:

But are you living in SG? such a long way from BH to HCMC. I love traveling for holiday purposes. It's not like travel a long way to go to work. however, is your job interesting? maybe just don't care about the long distance, let's think about the benefit

yeah i'm renting a house in Go Vap District. It is actually exhausted to travel such a long way to work but as you mentioned, the benefit is good enough for me to "sacrifice". Frankly, I'll try to work until my contract is ended (after Tet holiday). When i get married i will not be able to work on a schedule like the one i'm working on now.
Teaching is both interesting and tiring. Let's imagine that you have 2 classes in a row, the students are kind of over excited- they cheer, yell, jump, all types of action. Teachers must be really enthusiastic and have love for the students.

tien.ho03 wrote:
binhsbjc wrote:

Hi Tien,
I am looking for an English Teacher for my English Center. If you are interested in the position, we can arrange time to meet you in HCM City for further discussion.

Hi thank you. I am unemployed  :thanks:

But I have to tell you first. I did not graduate from my university in Finland (major in Marketing). I've just had TESOL certification to go for teaching. You should consider it. I don't wanna let you down. So I have to make clear at the beginning.

hi binhsbjc
I want to have some classes but in the morning everyday. are there any classes at this time at your centre?

josngo wrote:
tien.ho03 wrote:
josngo wrote:

yeah i'm renting a house in Go Vap District. It is actually exhausted to travel such a long way to work but as you mentioned, the benefit is good enough for me to "sacrifice". Frankly, I'll try to work until my contract is ended (after Tet holiday). When i get married i will not be able to work on a schedule like the one i'm working on now.
Teaching is both interesting and tiring. Let's imagine that you have 2 classes in a row, the students are kind of over excited- they cheer, yell, jump, all types of action. Teachers must be really enthusiastic and have love for the students.

Well. same to me! that's all I can say.

i am thinking about my wedding too. haha. Actually I do not stick to teaching job. Any job relating to English communication is ok to me. Hope you find a job in HCMC. at least it'll save your time to spend for your family

I cannot find any jobs relating to English communication but teaching. Speaking skill is not enough to get a good job. I should have something major - like business, or something else.

josngo wrote:

I cannot find any jobs relating to English communication but teaching. Speaking skill is not enough to get a good job. I should have something major - like business, or something else.

by the way, What is your major? or what is your certification? I haven;t known it yet.

You know, sometimes I don't know what major is. It is just something we learn in school, even we do not apply or remember it in life. So, major is not playing any role as such. it is just your interests and ability to work in certain field. Let's think about the best thing you can do.

I'm major in Linguistic and literature :(
i believe that most of employers will "filter" the number of candidates by looking at their major/ specialized knowledge. I think it impossible for anyone to get a job in marketing field without any knowledge about it.
Why did you quit your studying?

Hello.i am a filipino and it would be of much help if anybody could assist me in finding a teaching job here in hcmc. I am new here, about two weeks ago.

josngo wrote:

I'm major in Linguistic and literature :(
i believe that most of employers will "filter" the number of candidates by looking at their major/ specialized knowledge. I think it impossible for anyone to get a job in marketing field without any knowledge about it.
Why did you quit your studying?

Ah. So you like Marketing?

Don't talk about my study anymore. It's gone. Let it be. if we have chance to understand each other more, you will know. People keep asking me about it. but i feel satisfied with my life now. Don't worry. We can change the topic to your stuff. I would love to know more about you and everyone here

Hello kentme

Welcome to the Expat.com, and to HCMC. If you go to the top of the page (in the green area) and click on jobs you will  find education within the list of job careers that pops up. Click on the link of your choice under education and you will see a number of jobs to select from.
  I hope this helps. Good luck with your job hunt.

Hi!

I got a degree in Foreign Trade, and also getting a certificate in English teaching (TKT)

I want to open up an institution to help people direct their lives and improve their soft skills. It's gonna be something big and influential (or so I hope). I'm looking for a business partner to work on this project.

If any of you is interested in such thing, please leave me a message, or contact me at ***

Moderated by Naomi 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post you contact details for security reasons.Please exchange them in private messages.

Yes it is... Tnx much

Hi Phương !
call me this number : ***

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

I seriously cannot believe the poor level of English being shown in some of these posts. How on Earth can some of you be considered as teachers of English?

Hawkman wrote:

I seriously cannot believe the poor level of English being shown in some of these posts. How on Earth can some of you be considered as teachers of English?

Thats because most VN teachers focus on grammar,not on speaking or writing.

Moderated by Naomi 8 years ago
Reason : Please post your job offers in Jobs section and register your service in the business directory.
Hawkman wrote:

It's amazing, isn't it? And I'm not talking about the Vietnamese teachers. I'd say a good 60% of the foreigner English teachers here couldn't pass a 5th grade proficiency test in their home country.

it has been mentioned numerous times before, all schools look for are people with degrees. It doesn't matter where people are from or what their level of English actually is, degrees carry more weight therefore you end up with teachers that can't speak English properly and / or that don't like kids or teaching. Another issue is that schools and centers look for people who will play games with the kids as opposed to people who will actually teach them. Until those issues are solved, Vietnamese students will continue to get "backpacker" teachers, non-native teachers or "just care about money" teachers

Hello everyone! My bf and i have been in Saigon for a bit quite new! I am teaching everywhere, dist 8, 11, 3, binh thanh! Its crazy sometimes running around. I dont drive so i take grabbike (really awesome app grabtaxi if you dont have it yet)..and i walk. Thinking of getting a bicycle...need exercise!! I love the kiddos :) some are naughty though. Looking for more hours but its hard as its so hot to wander!! :P

That's rather insulting to non-natives, don't you think? I am a native teacher but I studied for my CELTA with non-natives who knew how to study the language better than anyone (as they had actually done it). They could speak a lot better than some of the idiots in Britain and their grammar knowledge was insane.

I agree about the backpacker comments. I also hate that my school puts more emphasis on games than teaching - however, we're there to excite the children about English and help them with pronunciation. The Vietnamese teachers do the actual teaching here. It's sad, especially when you can't even communicate with the teachers, but it won't change for a long time.

sarahfoo wrote:

That's rather insulting to non-natives, don't you think? I am a native teacher but I studied for my CELTA with non-natives who knew how to study the language better than anyone (as they had actually done it). They could speak a lot better than some of the idiots in Britain and their grammar knowledge was insane.

I agree about the backpacker comments. I also hate that my school puts more emphasis on games than teaching - however, we're there to excite the children about English and help them with pronunciation. The Vietnamese teachers do the actual teaching here. It's sad, especially when you can't even communicate with the teachers, but it won't change for a long time.

Would'nt the pronunciation of a non-native speaker cause a problem to learners who are there to learn correct pronunciation, not just grammar.

I just mentioned centers being focused on people with degrees and that sometimes they dont care about the level of english but that includes natives who dont speak english correctly as well as non-natives. You are correct that they wont change for a while, however I make sure to tell the Vietnamese teacher that I am not a clown and I am here to teach, not sing songs to the kids. The problem is when some "teachers" decide to do the whole sing and dance just to get money; that makes centers and schools think every teacher wants to do that.

Hi. This is a great idea. I concentrate on English tutorials for students and companies.

Haha. I doubt if the non-native English teachers are sensitive to comments about their language skills. Many of them speak, write or read better. They are, at the very least, bilingual.

I'm an english teacher here in Bac Ninh