Visa Expiry and Company not renewing/Overstay issues??******IMP

Hi Team,

My case is one of a kind, my visa expires on December 14th 2015. My company is shutting down on 31st December 2015, and not ready to renew my visa since its only 14 days until closure. I have asked my company to renew it since I have not got any offer in another company here, but my HR has advised me they won't renew it,and i can overstay till 31st December 2015. Iv heard there is a one month period after the expiry to exit the country without a fine. Is that true and what are the issues I would face if i'm staying in the country after my expiry date till 31st December 2015?

Hi Gt360,

Yes, there is a grace period after an employment visa's expiry, before it can be renewed without penalties.

But once the grace period is over, overstaying becomes an illegal activity.

The offender would be fined on a daily basis, until he / she exits the country.

Failure to pay up would result in a prison sentence, in lieu of non payment of the fined amount.

Hi Sumitran,

Thank you very very much for your reply.

So what my company says is correct, that I can stay till end of December without any issues. You wont believe how hard it is to get a job even if I have a NOC. My next question to you is that would the overstay cause an issue for my next visa,may it be work or visit?? As long as i don't exceed the 1 month period.

Thanks and awaiting your response.

Cheers!

Hi Gt360,

As long as you are not officially registered as an offender, your return will not be an issue, provided you meet the required criteria like an NOC, etc.

If you overstay beyond the grace period, then of course you would have issues returning - you will be banned from reentry if you try to return on the same passport.

an you help me to know the rules of over stay In Oman, My Visa will expire on 26 April 2017 but I am not able to exit Oman on that day, I will exit on 2 may 2017 is there any penalty or ban to reenter in Oman or GCC countries, Please help me to come out from this confusion.

There wasn't an issue for overstay as there is a one month grace period. I overstayed about 15 days and could exit without any issues.

But don't expect coming back soon to Oman, don't know about other GCC. As getting visa clearances are stricter now. Don't keep any commitments due cos you may never know how long it will take.. Informing you by experience on this matter. All the best.

Mohammadjsr1972 wrote:

an you help me to know the rules of over stay In Oman, My Visa will expire on 26 April 2017 but I am not able to exit Oman on that day, I will exit on 2 may 2017 is there any penalty or ban to reenter in Oman or GCC countries, Please help me to come out from this confusion.

Hi Mohammadjsr1972,

I have just replied to your same post elsewhere in the forum.

Please do not copy, paste your same query across multiple topics in the forum.

Dear
Thanks for guide so it is not issue or any penalty if I over stay 6 days  after visa expiry as we have 30 days grace period to renew or exit and I will not be registered as defaulter and illegal emigrant

Thanks please clarify

Hi I'm Mustafa I need guidance please I just came oman last month on work visa but my employer still not make my I'd so can I leave and join another company

@Mmustafa4tm7

Hello and welcome !

Can you please provide more details ? What hasn't the employer made yet ?

Regards

Bhavna

@Bhavna

Hi Bhavna hope you are fine. My employer until didn't make my I'd card but i have third party visa so may i move to next company