Moving from Brazil to KL - Salary 13000 RM after tax. worth it?

Hello everyone. We are a family of three and my husband got a job as a teacher in KL. We want to know if the package is good....It includes free education for our son and health insurance.The net salary - after tax - is RM13,000. We have to pay rent. What kind of life style can we have ?

Thank you for you help!!!

Hello Tina&chez and welcome to the forum of Expat.com

You got an ok salary! :top:

Browsing the forum section Cost of living in Kuala Lumpur will help you get an idea of living expense and how much you can save from your salary.

All the best

Regards
Kenjee

Not really a big salary if you ask some of my colleagues who earn more and often are in couples so two earners but still barely survive! But just doable with free education. Often that free bit though doesnt include the extras.

You will have to tighten your belts unless you both work.

Do consider inflation is over 10% and in two years your salary will be 20% less or worse as the MYR crash means imported inflation.

Thank you for your feedback.
I will eventually get a job as well.
Any suggesions for safe condos suitable for kids and pets?

Hello Tina and Chez,

Which school will you be teaching at? This will make a difference regarding your choice of accommodations.

Best Regards

Mike

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not promote your services on the website. Freely register in the business directory

Oi Tina,

I am living in Jaya One Residence, and its been great. its very convenience, there are hospitals, mall downstairs, lots of western, Asian restaurants nearby just by few mins walk. Also, probably your kids would be interested to join capoiera class, taught by a Brazilian contra mestre, its great! take care and all the best!

Hi Tina & Chez,
I think you are getting quite reasonable salary, you should be able to live comfortably in KL as accommodation, food and transportation are quite cheap compare to other Asian countries.

Best Regards
Sharline

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Sharing of personal contact infos and promotion of services not allowed. Drop advert in Housing

of course its ok..
your family can get a nice life style standard and save up to half of the salary at the same time.

Thank you Sharline for your help!!
Great o know that there is capoeira in KL!!
We will arrive in April and it would be great to find out more about the capoeira lessons!!
Thank you!!

Oh yeah!

There are in fact several Capoeira groups here in Malaysia, especially at the capital city Kuala Lumpur and Selangor. But im stuck with this one group called Grupo Capoeira Cordão de Ouro Malaysia. This is the only group that has the highest level teacher, which currently is a contract mestre, but he is going back to Brazil next week and getting his new belt- as a mestre. Other groups are taught by professors levels only, which i dont recommend any of people that i know to go to them. And in class we are trying to speak as much Portuguese as we can, some samba, alfro dance and so on :). So overall your family can still have a bit of something "Brazillian" here in Malaysia.

Anyhow, hope everything goes well with the plans, finding apartments and settle in here.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Off-topic. Please drop an advert in the Personal and household services job vacancies in Kuala Lumpur section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct