Prescription medication

I take several meds. I am worried I may run out of one and really worried about others being stolen.

I am told pharmacies associated with hospitals and massive retail ones are the best for price and selection. I will not disclose the name of the medication due to privacy concerns. Just wanting to know if there is an up to date formulary for vn. Last I found was from 08...

btk wrote:

I take several meds. I am worried I may run out of one and really worried about others being stolen.

I am told pharmacies associated with hospitals and massive retail ones are the best for price and selection. I will not disclose the name of the medication due to privacy concerns. Just wanting to know if there is an up to date formulary for vn. Last I found was from 08...

If it's a controlled substance (I'm guessing it is since you're worried about theft) , it will be harder to get. But without knowing what you're taking it's hard to give you accurate advice.

It's always good to bring extra mess with along with a doctors note explaining that your travilling overseas and don't wish to run out

Sorry they don't sell marijuana here. You could grow some yourself though.

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : please avoid illegal advices on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
btk wrote:

I'm not sure that I agree with least price. I will agree with proper storage and sell before expiration date. I consider both of these to be more important than a discounted price.

The International SOS Clinic can get you just about any legal medication that you need if it is available in Viet Nam. You will be required to have an SOS Doctor's exam to verify the prescription. For retired Military and dependents, Tricare does reimburse, count on six months or so before you either receive the check or get direct deposited.

Sam

hi, 70 year old ong ba if your from Aus most meds are cheaper here than there!!!! see your local GP and get a letter for 6 month supply, you may also need a letter for reentry to VN good luck

MarkinNam wrote:

hi, 70 year old ong ba if your from Aus most meds are cheaper here than there!!!! see your local GP and get a letter for 6 month supply, you may also need a letter for reentry to VN good luck

I expect that that your advice is good advice for Australians and most others

I'm retired military from the USA. For retired American Military in America the price of Drugs runs from low to free depending on how you choose to use the retired military medical insurance program. Here, after I pay for drugs, I must submit extensive documentation and in 6 months or so I may get a bit of my money back from the same American Military medical insurance program.

If $100 worth of drugs in Viet Nam costs $500  in America but the American Insurance pays for the drugs and lets me have them for $0.00 or Free, then it is cheaper for me to get the drugs from America. Note, I expect that the retail price of drugs is higher in the USA than it is in Australia. But for me, in America the price of drugs has been free as the insurance pays for the drugs and I do not.

Sam, now 71 and approaching 72

Don't feel too bad about the paperwork and the 6 months.  For US retired civilians, the Medicare reimbursement is never.  As both are government programs, it does seem a little unfair.  Ironically, I am sure that the costs to the system would be a lot less than the government pays for the same in the US.

THIGV wrote:

Don't feel too bad about the paperwork and the 6 months.  For US retired civilians, the Medicare reimbursement is never.  As both are government programs, it does seem a little unfair.  Ironically, I am sure that the costs to the system would be a lot less than the government pays for the same in the US.

While we must continue to have Medicare deducted from our SSI, we receive No Medicare benefits overseas. But, our Federal Employee Medical Insurance is "Tricare." and does cover world-wide. Your Civil Service Federal Employee Medical Insurance is an entirely different Program.

Most, not all, US Civil Service Federal Employees were paid much more, had much better living conditions and much less dangerous jobs. I think that those of us who served in combat deserve our Tricare. Again, I have complete sympathy for those US Civil Service Federal Employees who had jobs similar to mine and think that they should be Tricare eligible as well.