Relocating to cotonou

dear all:

my name is moustafa wahbi, i am syrian, and i am planning to relocate to benin , cotonou to continue my carer. i started contacting firms and banks in the area by email and looking forward to read back, but the wall i keep hitting is the lack of information about cost of living / working / real estate / etc.. i am online most of the time fishing for info, even at this web page, i find people asking the correct questions but  with no answers. so pleas, help me out, help others out.
what are the average rent prices ? what are you expected to spend per week on food ? car prices, transport cost what are you expected to pay? pros and cons of living in cotonou..

benin is my country of choice because from what i have being reading lately its safe and stable. i want to move to make the best out of my experiences in both trade and banking sector, so pleas help me out because nothing is worse than moving to "the unknown"... thank you all

My brother cotonou is the best place to live , is the central district of all businesses in whole AFRICA in fact,the living cost is very affordable , the rent of a mini bed room flat  self contain is less than 40 USdallars/month which is the lowest price in africa.
feel free to move on. my name is francois hounda dossou the hospitality professional

francois hounda dossou wrote:

My brother cotonou is the best place to live , is the central district of all businesses in whole AFRICA in fact,the living cost is very affordable , the rent of a mini bed room flat  self contain is less than 40 USdallars/month which is the lowest price in africa.
feel free to move on. my name is francois hounda dossou the hospitality professional

francois my friend thank you so much for your response, i personally work in anti money laundering and counter terrorist funding in the banking sector. my family also works in the textile industry and i know for a fact that Benin is a major player in African cotton, and that is why i am planning to relocate. i would appreciate it if you would give me names of streets or neighborhoods that are family friendly and calm so i can narrow my search, and also, what are you expected to spend on food and utilities in an average month ? and if possible, how good is internet connectivity and what are the prices for the service ?

i cant thank you enough

Hello. Most of expats families in Cotonou live close to the airport. These neighborhoods are : Haie vive, Cocotiers, Patte d'oie. It is family friendly but of course expensive...
In order to find more information about Cotonou, I suggest you to have a look at the french language part of this website. Anyway, you will have to learn french to live here !