English Tutor for Professionals

I am wanting to provide private lessions for professionals desiring to learn and/or refine their English. Does anyone have advice per a specific avenue to acheive this objective? Thank you.

Yes.
Decide on your target group/s
Get a set of text books suitable for each group
Learn how to use the text book by reading the teacher's book
Write a set of lesson plans

Decide on the venue for your lessons
Buy a load of tables and chairs, a whiteboard and all the other classroom stuff.

Advertise in the classified section in the green banner at the top of this page, but not on the open forums.

btk wrote:

I am wanting to provide private lessions for professionals desiring to learn and/or refine their English. Does anyone have advice per a specific avenue to acheive this objective? Thank you.

Get here first then network. I'd also use spell check before posting. No "professional" will want to pay good money to learn English from someone who can't spell. Just saying.

Adhome01 wrote:
btk wrote:

Get here first then network. I'd also use spell check before posting. No "professional" will want to pay good money to learn English from someone who can't spell. Just saying.

When you write your posting, and a red line appears under a word, that means you probably mispelled it.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2sae3oo.png

btk wrote:

I before E except after C.

Adhome01 wrote:
btk wrote:

You just got owned ! Seriously, advertising something that you are clearly not a pro at is a no no. Scammer!!!!

Using "scammer" is a little harsh.
"Unprofessional" works better.

I would never attempt to teach English grammar because my own is pretty crap, That and I'd die of being pissed off doing it .. or maybe just fall asleep in class.
English conversation I could do.

Fred wrote:

Using "scammer" is a little harsh.
"Unprofessional" works better.

I would never attempt to teach English grammar because my own is pretty crap, That and I'd die of being pissed off doing it .. or maybe just fall asleep in class.
English conversation I could do.

You're just being too kind. Seems to me he's a non native speaker wanting to teach English after watching a couple episodes of Sesame Street and Reading Rainbow. I am being sarcastic btw

Well, he is American, thus a non native speaker of English. :D
(British English joke there)

More seriously, it's a lot more difficult to teach English than many people think, and just being a native speaker isn't enough.

Adhome01 wrote:
btk wrote:

No one writes perfectly, but if you need to use spell check then you shouldn't really be teaching... just re saying.   :blink:

Fred wrote:
btk wrote:

I before E except after C.

I before E except after C is not true 100% it comes down to the actual sound
Weigh
Sleigh
Weight
Feisty
Neighbour
Weird
Foreign and so on.

This is why i hate mobile devices!

I need an English tutor.
Please discuss through email: ***
Thanks

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : for your security, please share your contact via your private message system
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi

What type of tutor do you need? is it an English teacher or just a Tutor helping you to do some English stuff? Please tell me, I can help you. I am teaching Eng

Tien Ho

I am a grammarian having studied Classical Latin for 12 years and understand English perfectly, including punctuation, grammar and daily usage. I am happy to tutor in HCMC. And yes American cannot spell!!

sprogger wrote:

I am a grammarian....... . And yes American cannot spell!!

Starting a sentence with 'and' and how many Americans?

I could also say that if you start a sentence with "If" in the primary clause, the tense must be in the subjunctive; but colloquialism are acceptable in everyday speech. AND on fora typing mistakes are ignored (by busy people).

I'm in a resaurant having a rest before I leave so I'm not busy.
I makes no claims as to my grammar so my many errors are of no surprise or interest.
Those who claim to be more really should take care.

Agree with Fred, if you are going to boast, at least get it correct when writing.