6 month Tourist Visas - Issues involved

As long as you're getting pensions from the US and Social Security, or dividend or distribution income from US investments, you may be liable for US taxes and be required to file federal and state returns.

Dual citizenship in another country (e.g., Mexico) side-by-side with your US citizenship may have tax consequences in the second country.   

If you have significant income other than Social Security in the US and are thinking of dual citizenship (for the right to vote, get into politics, not have to check in and out at the land borders) it wouldn't hurt to talk to a tax accountant in the US who does international taxes.

I think I mispoke.  I'm not escaping anything,  I feel I want to live for the rest of my life NOT in America.  If that proves to be realistic I see no reason to pay any more taxes to the US.  I want to discover how to make this happen, if it can.  That's all.

Someone, correct if I'm wrong.  As long as you have income in the US, you're liable for US income tax.

As long as you have any income regardless of source or country, if a person is a US citizen they are subject to IRS rules as well as the tax authority of the country they are "residing" in.

Otherwise, it wouldnt be quite fair, would it? But there are ways sometimes - I have seen this for Europe - of legally avoiding double taxation.

You do get a deduction or credit from the IRS for income taxes paid in another country.
Technically, the IRS gets to tax US citizens' income from anywhere in the world.

Non citizens who don't have US income are out of IRS's jurisdiction, of course.

The principle way to avoid paying US income tax is to renounce your US citizenship. But, then, if you have earned income from the US you are subject to paying US taxes. And if you are a citizen of another country you are subject to their tax laws

gudgrief wrote:

You do get a deduction or credit from the IRS for income taxes paid in another country.
Technically, the IRS gets to tax US citizens' income from anywhere in the world.

Non citizens who don't have US income are out of IRS's jurisdiction, of course.

World wide US income taxes:

The credit is applied to income tax paid in another country by percentages. Example; you pay 15% income taxes in a foreign counrty of your taxable earnings but the US tax code would have you pay 18%; the US is able to collect 3% of your taxable income. [18% -15% = 3%]  This is what I have read in a few articles. I don´t know if all countries are included or if there is an agreement between some countries and the USA.

I think you are getting confused because of all of the tax loopholes corporations use to move the main office out of the U.S. and renounce their citizenship. I suspect you don't have a team of lawyers, vast amounts of money, or receive subsidies . Without all those  you will have to pay taxes whereever you live if you have earned income . Like in a pension.