Relocating to Abu Dhabi from India

I have got an all inclusive offer of 4000$ US pm package for a company in AD. Im married and have a daughter. would be moving to AD in December and family would move in April. Would you all suggest if this is a ok package for a family of 3 to live in there considering daughters school. My wife would also do job, but not immediately. We dont spend heavily but have a decent standard of living. Can anyone help with how much would be the monthly expense for a family of 3. Also looking for some accomodation at Hamdan / Nasdah street?

Hi,

Welcome to Abu Dhabi.

For a family of 3, this is a reasonable salary, unless you do some lavish shopping.

If you need an individual accommodation it will be expensive, or you should be prepared to share with another family.

Getting Schooling for your daughter will be next toughest task.

Once you pass these 2 hurdles, then every thing will be fine and smooth.

Thanks for the reply.. We would look for a furnished apartment atleast a 1 or 2 BHK in a reasonable good residential area. Can you suggest the rent there? My husbands office is located at Nasdah street

Approximate annual Rent for a 1 BHK is from AED 50,000 to 70,000, for 2 BHK AED 80,000 to 120,000 depends on the luxury, furnishings and location of the Flat.

Hamdan is the main city center and flats will be a bit expensive. If your husband is going to work at Najdah street, you look around Electra street or Passport Road/Al Falah Street.

As BeeNo said, 80,000 - 120,000 is the average for a 2BDR apartment in that area. 14,692 AED/month is a decent amount but getting schooling, paying for rent, car and standard of living will be quite challenging. Schools can be quite expensive, especially good private schools.

If your wife will eventually work then there should be no issue.

Thanks for the reply. Apart from tent and school how much does normally a family of 3 spend in AD. Also are there good child care centres in AD?