Cost of Living in Cassablanca, Morocco

I would like to know if 10,000 dirham is a good salary in Cassablanca, Morocco? I have a job offer within the city and would love to know if I could still save money with that salary. Thanks in advance !

Hi -- it really depends on your expectations - living conditions (area of town, etc.), whether you will be living alone or with family (dependents). In some areas of town (on the expensive side), to rent a medium-sized place (2-3 bedrooms) is around 8,000 a month....Therefore 10,000 a month is not enough in that case. It depends on your minimum standards - less well off areas will be much cheaper (3,000 dhrs a month).

Hello there Tarhatta,

Welcome on board  :)

Have a look at the Cost of living in Morocco – 2015 thread, there are posts related to Casablanca. You will be able to have an idea.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi there ! thanks for your input. By the way, I will be living alone so shared flats or room is enough. My workplace would be in Nouasseur Cassablanca to be exact.  :)

You ll be ok with shared flat on that budget I think. Best will be to try to see what the flats rent for and you can pretty much deduce what a room rent will be. Salaries tend to go around 15,000 dhrs upwards for qualified work at the airport from what I heard, but I am referring here to potentially more.experienced candidates. If you re starting out then you may not have much negotiating power...
It would be good for you to see whether 15,000 or near is achievable, as this will give you more wiggle room with other expenses.

Hi,

I think that renting a place in downtown would be expensive considering your 10000 MAD salary, i adivse you to look for a place near Bouskoura or Sidi maarouf so you can take easily the highway in direction of your workplace.
Transports in Casablanca are very disturbing, you should buy a car of your own to optimize to your transport time.