Solicitor to certify a copy of a doc

I have to get a utility bill certified to prove an address in the UK. I need a solicitor to do it.

Can anyone suggest how to find one that could do this?

thanks

If its a local document, the notary's office at the GOSI complex should be able to help. Fees are reasonable.

Not sure what the procedure is for foreign documents. Unless you have already done so, my suggestion is to try the UK embassy if its a UK document. Alternatively, one the international legal firms operating in Bahrain may be able to help.

I'm drawing a complete blank on this. Does no one here know a single solicitor in Bahrain???

Thanks Farhaz, I think I'll call the Brit embassy and see if they can recommend someone. It's for a lawyer int he UK so has to confirm to what they want, not what may be localy acceptable here.

I did check with the legal counsel at my work place. They are not UK qualified, Sam.

Sorry.

I had to have documents certified and receive an apostille -  and GOSI and my embassy couldn't do either it due to their nature.  I ended up using DHL to send the materials to a friend in the US to have it done and then sent back.  The price to do that was still cheaper than if the US embassy did it, however, and I had it back in about 10 days.

Don't know if this helps - hopefully you can figure this one out

thanks relwell... hopefully that'll be a last resort!

Got it done. Trowers and Hamlins in the WTC west tower did it for me... for free which was a surprise.