A Tunisian who wants to marry a Romanian

Greetings everyone;
I'm a Tunisian girl who lives in Tunisia. I got engaged to my Romanian boyfriend (whom I know for a year now) two months ago. And we plan to get married next year around the end of September 2016. My question is what procedures I need to go through, knowing that we will get married in Tunisia, and after that we will go to register the wedding in Romania. My Fiancee lives in the UK (London) so I'm asking what should I do to go first to Romania then to move with him to London without any problems. I want to be aware of all those steps to work on those procedures and papers as soon as possible. If someone can advice me on how things should be done I will be more than grateful, If you need any further clarifications please let me know and I will make sure to provide them as soon as possible.

Sincerely

Salma :)

SoulaAP wrote:

Greetings everyone;
I'm a Tunisian girl who lives in Tunisia. I got engaged to my Romanian boyfriend (whom I know for a year now) two months ago. And we plan to get married next year around the end of September 2016. My question is what procedures I need to go through, knowing that we will get married in Tunisia, and after that we will go to register the wedding in Romania. My Fiancee lives in the UK (London) so I'm asking what should I do to go first to Romania then to move with him to London without any problems. I want to be aware of all those steps to work on those procedures and papers as soon as possible. If someone can advice me on how things should be done I will be more than grateful, If you need any further clarifications please let me know and I will make sure to provide them as soon as possible.

Sincerely

Salma :)

Hi Salma,

Are you planning to go to Romania just to register the marriage?  You can register/transcribe the marriage at the Romanian embassy in Tunisia, which might be easier than trying to do it inside Romania.  You could bypass going to Romania completely and just request an UK EEA Famiy Permit to go live in UK if he is settled and working there.

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

romaniac wrote:

Hi Salma,

Are you planning to go to Romania just to register the marriage?  You can register/transcribe the marriage at the Romanian embassy in Tunisia, which might be easier than trying to do it inside Romania.  You could bypass going to Romania completely and just request an UK EEA Famiy Permit to go live in UK if he is settled and working there.

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

Hello Romaniac,

Thank you so much for responding to post, I really appreciate that. However we will go to Romania either ways to meet my Fiancee's family which is necessary after getting married. So do you say that registering the marriage through the Romanian Embassy in Tunisia is easier? what's the difference? And from Romania is it difficult to obtain this UK EEA Family Permit to be able to live with him in London with no problems? How long it mostly takes to get it, I'm just concerned about procedures and the duration it may take ..

Salma,

I won't say for sure that it is easier at the embassy as opposed to the city hall in the area where your future husband is from, it's maybe just a perception of mine.  However the embassy deals with this issue possibly more regularly than the city halls in Romania would (especially those outside Bucharest), and therefore the employees might be more informed about the documents required and know how Tunisian documents should look like, if that makes any sense :)  The process is virtually the same either way; however if you do it in Romania, your documents all need to be translated into Romanian language, and you'll probably need legalizations/superlegalizations of your documents, which adds more hassle and costs.

Sorry, I cannot really answer questions about UK visas as I'm neither British nor have lived there for very long :) You need to either address https://www.gov.uk/family-permit or look in the Englandforum here on this site.  I'm sure the members there can offer assistance about this, if you don't manage to find the answer by research.

Romaniac

Thank you so much for all those information provided by you :) I appreciate your help Romaniac

Hello there , I'm currently in the same position as u r  , I'm Tunisian trying to proceed the marriage with my romanian fiancé who lives in UK.  I hope u can help me and tell me what Is the right thing to do . I'll be grateful for ur help . Thank you .

Hello there , I'm currently in the same position as u r  , I'm Tunisian trying to proceed the marriage with my romanian fiancé who lives in UK.  I hope u can help me and tell me what Is the right thing to do . I'll be grateful for ur help . Thank you .

Okay

my1943352 wrote:

Okay

OKay what?