Prior Park School

Hi folks

I have seen a job advertised for this school which is due to open in Sept 2016. I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about it word on the street as they say? I am thinking of applying. If I was successful would be coming over with my husband and 3 year old daughter and probably hope to live in Duquesa/Sotogrande and commute in. Is that realistic - school campus is in old town area? Also any idea what wages would be? School operates its own salary scale so not that transparent but working hours seem long to me -8.30-6pm.

I know nothing about this school other than what has been in the papers.

However that whilst commuting from Spain is no great problem there appears to be no easy parking near the school which is a 2 kilometer walk much of it uphill from the frontier or 2 buses.
Add this time plus the Spanish travel time to a long working day????

http://www.chronicle.gi/headlines_details.php?id=35806http://www.chronicle.gi/headlines_details.php?id=36131

Regards

Grumpy

P.S. I like the Kelpies

Thanks for that reply. So it would be living in Gib then which I don't fancy so much. Hmmm. Maybe not!

Or closer to Gib than your proposed locations.

Then commuting by scooter would be feasible, many do that .

Grumpy

I'm not sure - is there anywhere closer than Sotogrande that you'd consider with a 3 year hold and a husband who doesn't speak Spanish yet? I will read that thread thanks for the link

Personally I would never consider Sotogrande.
Also I would avoid the town of La Linea but any of the areas just outside of La Linea would be my choice.

Campamento
San Roque.
Santa Margarita

However I always recomend people if renting to do so in Gibraltar for the first 6 months at least whilst getting to know the area.

Also where will you have your daughter educated?

Grumpy

I think in a local Spanish school. I would like her to learn Spanish if possible. Will check those areas out. Many thanks.

Maybe I should just apply for the post and see what happens. Might not even get an interview!