Inter-racial Marriage Documents

Hi Everyone!
I'm Wen,newbie in Nuremberg. I have a question and probably this is a highly repetitive question in this expat forum.

My boyfriend (He is German) and I (Malaysian) are planning to register our marriage in Malaysia. We have done a lot of researches and digging in tons of informations and it turns out,he needs his "Single Status Certificate" and Certificate of No Impediment (Ledigkeitsbescheinigung) to proof that he is legal to get married which is fine but according to what we have read on internet,in order to get the Certificate of No Impediment (Ledigkeitsbescheinigung), they need the partner (which is mine) Single Status Certificate from Malaysia as well, which is a hassle because I'm not in Malaysia now.

I wonder if this information is correct or is there any other way to get the Single Status Certificate for my boyfriend which we don't know. Hopefully somebody who has experience in this situation be able to give us some information, that will be really helpful.

Thank you all and wish you have a lovely day!

Best Regards,
Wen

Hi,

I am new here. Also looking for the answer about getting married to my German boyfriend (I am Malaysian)
Hope to get more information.

Thanks!

my answer is a bit late , but YES is true you need that single status doc and more, am sorry, good luck !

I believe this is a standard requirement no matter what country you come from.  But you should be able to get such a document through the Malasian consulate in which ever country you are now living in.