Buying Spanish citizenship to legally stay and work in Spain...

Recently I found an agency located in Nevis that claims to sell citizenship. Their prices are high so I'm hoping to find another agency out there that offers the same service. Since I was not born in Spain, I am looking for another option to allow me to stay in the country that i love so much. I was there before but had to leave because my boss wouldn't help me get a work permit. I have thought about getting married to a friend there but it may not help me to find permanent work which is what I expect citizenship would do for me. I hope that someone out there has some good advice for me. Gracias.

I don't think it is possible to buy citizenship of any European country (this company's activity sounds illegal to me).

Are you currently working?

By the way, I heard that demography is pretty low in Spain. It means they need immigrants. Have you consulted your embassy?

Xiaohouzi

I agree entirely with Julian.

However, you should not confuse citizenship, marraige and work. If you marry a friend with a European passport, this will give you the right to a European passport and the rights to live and work here. But it will not guarantee you work. It will make finding work much easier though. Good luck.

Nick

Julien wrote:

I don't think it is possible to buy citizenship of any European country (this company's activity sounds illegal to me).

Are you currently working?

By the way, I heard that demography is pretty low in Spain. It means they need immigrants. Have you consulted your embassy?

Thanks so much for the information!  Sorry it took me a while to reply... I don't think i got any notification. There must be some corrupt government officials who will accept bribes but i don't want to do it illegally.  The company's web-site that offered to sell me citizenship is no longer there.  I'm currently working but because of the financial situation, my hours have been reduced and i might as well be picking oranges in a country that i love.  It's great to hear that Spain needs immigrants!!!  I would love to become a Spanish citizen!!!  I will visit the consulate soon to find out more. 

Thanks again!