Eating Advice: How to Avoid Getting Sick!

Green beans!!! Maybe because they're so dense? At any rate, I'll stick to spinach. Haven't had problems with carrots or tomatoes either.

Now that I've gotten sick, I've had a reality check and realize that being cautious here about what you eat isn't over-thinking.

The first two or three weeks are the roughest on the digestive system. I remember during my second week here, I ate at a very good restaurant and then sat on the taza del baño for three days. Just take care for the first weeks and then go for the street food.

That's Kopectate you're referring to.  Supposedly Loperamide (loperamida) is better.  It's newer anyway.

I remember once my wife bought candy from a street vendor in Manzanillo and was flat on her back for 5 days even after taking Lomotil which did ease the frequency of going to the bathroom.  I doubt if Imodium or Kaopectate would have begun to slow the Moctezuma's Revenge.

Love these diarrhea stories:) Long live the Mexico expat forum!!!

Joaquinx, it's actually colloidal silver, and many things are antifungal, but once you have gotten sick you will need to go get something to treat the symptoms. You are right often it is the fungus that is causing problems especially in peanuts which are very prone to molds and fungus.