Winter adventures in a Canadian winter

Lots of people ask me about the crazy things Canadians get up to in the snow. Some of the maddest things I've done have included staying in the Ice Hotel, taking part in the Canadian Ski Marathon and spending the night in a snowy cabin without power or plumbing.
The Ice Hotel seems to attract the most interest. It is a beautiful place but looks and feel are different. Bedrooms are ......-5C. Be warned.
I love Canada in the winter - it seems to come into its own and I would recommend throwing yourself into the season here and making it yours. I think a lot of expats just hide all winter and it's a real shame. Canada just becomes a giant playground and it's great to get out and play. Soon enough (well not soon actually) the Spring will come round again!
I have descriptions and pics on my blog if you're interested.
All the best,
A

Dear England, Love Canada

Hello viewfromalake :)

That was a very interesting winter post about snow and the Ice hotel. Enjoyed reading it.

Regards,
Sheetul

Many thanks. Today's is just as crazy - spending the night in a winter cabin without power or plumbing and with outside toilet. I loved every minute of it.
A

I remember researching the Ice Hotel back when I was wedding planning a few years ago. Now that we actually live so close, I'm dying to see it!

I also liked the post about the winter cabin in the middle of nowhere. That sounds like an awesome adventure!

Glad you enjoyed it. Quebec has lots of crazy winter adventures to offer that's for sure. I'm planning some new ones for this winter which I will be filming too for my blog.
BonjourQuebec
website is an excellent source of information for winter trips.

Cheers
Anne

Thanks for the information about the winter trips....