Passport Details - adding Spouse name

Dear All

I have valid Indian passport. This was taken before my marriage. I have my marriage certificate with me.  I am going to apply passport for my wife and 3 year old kid soon. Now my query is

1) is it a must to have my wife's name endorsed in my passport for family visa.

Can you guys help me.

Thanks all

I would suggest go for inclusion.
In case you have to take a marriage affidavit from Embassy ( you may not need this if you have a marriage certificate ), one of the docs Embassy would ask is the copy of passport showing your wife's name.

This is just an example, I am sure the same would work as a proof elsewhere too.

It might require an additional running around now ...but the dividends it may pay later would certainly outweigh the current hassle.

Best Wishes

Thanks Friend

please help with one more confirmation

I have received my attested certificate and medical and I am going to send it today to my company at Oman. They already have my passport(old) copy with them. I hope it wont matter if I change(apply for re-issue) of passport, because except for personal details everything remains same (except Spouse name and my address). I mean can I apply for re-issue of passport even after my company starts my visa process?

Thanks

This is really technical ...whereas I shall use commonsense to answer you !
Hence please do not rely on my answer but check with your employer !

See....based on the old passport if you get your visa ....that old number would get recorded.
Now when you apply for family visa , with a new passport number .....the system may throw up a conflict in numbers.

my experience tell me , no one has the time or inclination to ascertain the reason for change and approve.

May be ...you hang on to the old one unless your employers are confident that it wont create a problem. :(

Thanks

I will check with my employer. But as far as the passport number is concerned, the number and validity will remain the same as in old passport for re-issue passport application (ex: spouse name addition, address change, damaged passport etc)

I will speak to my employer and update here. This might be useful to others

Thanks for your time

hi,

As per my experience i had come here on family visa and even my hubby dint had my name in his passport, but there was no problem in getting the visa done with marriage certificate. this was last year. Later on when i wanted to change my family visa to work visa , my husband company has to give me NOC and than they asked for my name to be included in his passport. this was around some months back. So its better you take your PRO suggession, if its okay without your wifes name ,carry on and later you change as it may require in future.

During the issue of new one , then even attach your old passport and give.

Thank you very much

There ain't any such rule of the endorsement of wife's name on the husband's passport. The marriage certificate (Translated and original) is the base document that is mandatory for the application of spouse / family visa.

As far as ppt concerned, the number and information remains same. Ever since the first day, the whole information is saved in the ROP (Immigration) system. Even if the passport is lost and a new passport is issued (With a different number), it won't affect the saved information.

Hence, apply with all the attested documents (most importantly, the marriage certificate) and it would be done.

P.S, a child's name (if he/she doesn't have passport) is always endorsed on the passport of the father (or mother) whoever is the base applicant.

We digressed.

The question was NOT  whether it is compulsory to have spouses name on passport or not.

The question was, if someone has applied for resident card with a particular passport number, and if while applying for family visa , his passport number changed (for renewal or otherwise - in this particular case - inclusion of wife's name) - would there be an impact on family visa?

I know for sure renewal of passport calls for change in passport number , but as salesandme has mentioned , this change (inclusion of spouse name) will not change his passport number , the question becomes redundant.

And yes , for those who do not have a marriage certificate and wish to apply for family visa with a marriage affidavit signed by Indian Embassy , it is a must to have your spouse name in your passport . These details are readily available in the embassy website and should not be speculated.

Thanks