2650 all inclusive in Muscat, is a good package for family of 4?

Dear All,

I offered a job as senior project engineer in Muscat and your advice is highly appreciated

Offer details

- basic salary: 1650 OMR
- housing allowance: 800 OMR
- transportation: 200 OMR
- yearly return tickets for the whole family and annual leave of 30 days
-100% perineum coverage of health insurance for the whole family
- 5-day work/per week (40 hours)

Do you think it is a good offer for given that i have 9-year experience and a PhD, I will live in Muscat with my wife and my two kids (12 years and 8 years) and i would like to enroll my kids in a mid-range international school that teach English and Arabic?

advice regarding school fees and housing is highly appreciated
Thanx a lot in advance

Based on the expenses that you may incur , OMR 2650 is definitely a nice package .

inlotfy wrote:

Dear All,

I offered a job as senior project engineer in Muscat and your advice is highly appreciated

Offer details

Do you think it is a good offer for given that i have 9-year experience and a PhD, I will live in Muscat with my wife and my two kids (12 years and 8 years) and i would like to enroll my kids in a mid-range international school that teach English and Arabic?

Thanx a lot in advance

Considering your work experience and education background, the offered package is indeed a decent one, however could be negotiable till 3K. Some considerable international schools are available, the prominent ones are  Seeb International School (Formerly Azan Bin Qais Intl.),  Chuefat School etc that provide English as well as Arabic teachings.

Please go through Cost of living Section of this forum to get a brief idea.

GOOD PACKAGE!!! GO FOR IT...

Housing around 400 per month and school for 2 kids between 100 in Indian school for 2 kids. For international schools can go up to 500 plus per month per child. Are u from India. If u r a average spender you will be able to save about 1200 to 1400 per month,

inlotfy wrote:

Dear All,

Offer details

Thanx a lot in advance