UAE visa... Heads up

As some of you might know I've been going batty trying to arrange a visa to the UAE and that I've opted to get one through an agent.

He's told me that as of 1 Oct all GCC residents who aren't Brits, EU citizens, American or Canadian Need a visa before hand regardless of whether your spouse has one of the mentioned statuses

And there I thought marrying a wit ou gave me power :-(

Lindochka wrote:

As some of you might know I've been going batty trying to arrange a visa to the UAE and that I've opted to get one through an agent.

He's told me that as of 1 Oct all GCC residents who aren't Brits, EU citizens, American or Canadian Need a visa before hand regardless of whether your spouse has one of the mentioned statuses

And there I thought marrying a wit ou gave me power :-(

Sad story,  the laws in GCC are like (if you need to cross borders being GCC resident,  you have to go with your sponsor to be eligible for on arrival visa or electronic visa.

So,  sadly I guess it's hard to travel alone :(

awu  :( that's a sad story. Btw can i know who was the agent?

Actually Gunner, regardless of wether you travel with your sponsor, you need a visa beforehand.
Will get his details and post here

logicalindian wrote:

Logicalindian try http://www.musafir.com/

They issue visas for UAE , Qatar , Oman and more :)
Cheap and reliable services !

http://s11.postimg.org/i50hjvvxv/dubai.png

Lindochka wrote:

Actually Gunner, regardless of wether you travel with your sponsor, you need a visa beforehand.
Will get his details and post here

Yep , UAE scrapped out On Arrival for GCC "Residents"
But still Qatar , Kuwait and Oman haven't :D

I contacted Marcel Upfold on his website. Aim-tour.com. His commission was around 8bd.

I've heard of people applying through the website and not hearing back weeks later so I chose this option

Yeah the rules have changed....some of my South African friends now have the same issue although they have applied online and it looks relatively straight forward......cheaper than an agent surely but I guess it's dependent on how fast you need it.

I too would recommend applying for a visa through a trusted agent rather than rely on the online facility.

Some people I know had to wait for weeks for the online visa to come through.

Just a heads-up for people opting for the official online UAE visa service for GCC residents: The website is terrible to say the least.

I tried their service twice. Each time, I would reach the end and after putting in the credit card information, there would be a "time out" message. They charged my credit card twice without issuing the visa. I've had to put it in a dispute request with my credit card provider.

In the end, I asked my friend in the UAE to process my Visas through a reliable agent. The whole process was completed in 2 days flat without any problems.

gunner757 wrote:
logicalindian wrote:

Logicalindian try http://www.musafir.com/

They issue visas for UAE , Qatar , Oman and more :)
Cheap and reliable services !

[img align=C]http://s11.postimg.org/i50hjvvxv/dubai.png[/url]

Thanks gunner!!

5hutterbug Today 13:15:36
Just a heads-up for people opting for the official online UAE visa service for GCC residents: The website is terrible to say the least.

I tried their service twice. Each time, I would reach the end and after putting in the credit card information, there would be a "time out" message. They charged my credit card twice without issuing the visa. I've had to put it in a dispute request with my credit card provider.

In the end, I asked my friend in the UAE to process my Visas through a reliable agent. The whole process was completed in 2 days flat without any problems.

Yes many of my colleagues have faced the same, we are now requesting our counterparts in UAE to arrange visas, which is the faster way.

Got it within 2 days of applying... rugby 7s... See you soon

Great news :) Safe trip!  :cheers:

Hello,
Where did you end up going to get your visa so quick!!

I called a chap called Marcel Upfold from aim-tour.com and he arranged it. But if you are American you get one on arrival. 
Visas are only necessary for us lowlifes from third world countries :-p

Oh thank you so much!  That is very helpful!  Will you be living in Bahrain or tracking?  Would love to make new friends!
Andrea

Still in Bahrain for a bit