Maltese Component in Secondary School Pembroke (St. Clare)

Hi.  I have a 10yo who will be entering Year 7 in Pembroke next year.

This year, he is in Sliema Primary (St. Clare).  He is learning ZERO history/social studies because it is taught strictly in fluency level Maltese.  He is also learning very little Maltese (I'm actually trying to learn it with my children so I can help them to fumble their way through) because, again, the Maltese class is taught solely at Year 6 level.

I am sort of OK with it all this year but it would not do next year when he'll be slated to learn actual history, geography, etc. 

So I called Pembroke this morning trying to ascertain how social studies will be taught.  The secretary said the class will be broken up into different levels of Maltese fluency.  So all the beginner level Maltese speakers will be taught history/geography/etc. together in beginner level Maltese. 

That sort of sounds OK.  I'm not sure.  I'd be more sure if I were more confident that my kid would actually pick up some Maltese this year. 

Can anyone with a child at Pembroke Secondary comment?

My second concern is that the English taught is not quite what I'd expect in the UK/US/Australia/etc.  What is the caliber of English instruction at Pembroke Secondary?   Are there teachers who are native speakers?

I was hoping my kids would learn some Maltese by going to a state school but if that won't happen, maybe it'd be better to just have them attend private. 

Thanks for your help!

Is there no one who can comment on St. Clare Pembroke Secondary?