Want divorce, will he definitely keep the children?

I'm married to a saudi and want divorce, will he definitely keep the children? I'm British but originally from a muslim county..

''Yes you can get divorce and you can appeal in court to keep kids with you, but it's depend on kids ages, if they are till not mature to decided where they wish to stay with mom or dad then they should stay with mom and father have to provide they needs monthly until they become 18+..... further detail and help better contact to your embassy, i am sure they will advice and help you in this matter...

Shemsa wrote:

I'm married to a saudi and want divorce, will he definitely keep the children? I'm British but originally from a muslim county..

the kids stay with him.(since we are doing simple answers now)

rareshine wrote:

the kids stay with him. (since we are doing simple answers now)

negatron ... depends on the situation and condition.

"Shariah law"

if woman get the kids after divorce, she keeps them until her second marriage. If girl automatically give away, if boy he has a choice.

Then there are other situations, such as stable father, mother etc etc etc ...

Dear sister, the kids till not young enough to go with father, find here a correct answer.

https://youtu.be/oyzqA_dauG8https://youtu.be/UZZWqUk_fdE

Hope it wil help us to find right answer..

rareshine wrote:

the kids stay with him. (since we are doing simple answers now)

Allahu Akbar! YouTube is now source of this ?

lol. saudi government is going to allow a foreigner to take saudis out of the country lol. yeah ok

that's not funny, don't laugh, she is facing problem in her practical life, so if you can't answer politely stay away from thread, or you really human? did you never feel the pain of others when someone ruling their lives.,,, Now where is ISLAM and rules of ISLAM? ..here you go again... Islam vs Saudi's ....

rareshine wrote:

lol. saudi government is going to allow a foreigner to take saudis out of the country lol. yeah ok

rareshine wrote:

yes.

miracles happen. I know someone in similar case. She has custody of kids and they lived happily ever after.

Most probably yes.  Sorry... hope it works out and hope you are able to get custody of them, but the problem is you are not Saudi, so once you get divorced you can't stay in the country, unless you have acquired Saudi citizenship after marriage.  Assuming you are not Saudi, the courts will most probably give custody to him since your children are Saudi citizens.

By the way, did you ever get British citizenship for your children?  If not, do it now.  If yes, that might help a bit, because if push comes to shove, you can get the British Embassy/Government involved.

Good luck... sorry about your predicament :(

Trapezius wrote:

Most probably yes.  Sorry... hope it works out and hope you are able to get custody of them, but the problem is you are not Saudi, so once you get divorced you can't stay in the country, unless you have acquired Saudi citizenship after marriage.  Assuming you are not Saudi, the courts will most probably give custody to him since your children are Saudi citizens.

By the way, did you ever get British citizenship for your children?  If not, do it now.  If yes, that might help a bit, because if push comes to shove, you can get the British Embassy/Government involved.

Good luck... sorry about your predicament :(

Even if she did get them British nationality the trial will take place as Saudi citizens. The girl I know is American and her husband is Saudi, kids had both Saudi and American passport. The court ruled in her favor to keep the kids, again it all depends on the situation.

True, it depends on the situation, but after reading Arab News and Saudi Gazette for 30 years (and from many personal cases I know of), I have come to the conclusion that in the vast majority of such cases (non-Saudi wife), the kids go to the Saudi father.

Hi Shemsa,

I have created a new thread with your post on the Saudi Arabia forum as you were off topic on the previous one.

Also note that seeking the opinion of a lawyer will be more appropriate. Please feel free to get in touch with a lawyer found in our business directory concerning your problem.

-----

@ all > I have removed some off topic posts from this thread. Let's try not to argue with each other please, Expat.com is above all a friendly website. ;)

Thanks

Priscilla

As a family counselor i recommend to settle things calmly and peacefully
In the end the kids will suffer and this will back fire on poth of you later
Calm down sister and dont listen to anyone
Think and remember and calculate by yourself
And you will know what is good for all of you
If he have bad habits try to find a good frind to convince him to seek advice
Please think it again
I saw in my life a lot of devorces ending with regret or a big amount of hate to both parents by their kids

khobar biker wrote:

As a family counselor i recommend to settle things calmly and peacefully
In the end the kids will suffer and this will back fire on poth of you later
Calm down sister and dont listen to anyone
Think and remember and calculate by yourself
And you will know what is good for all of you
If he have bad habits try to find a good frind to convince him to seek advice
Please think it again
I saw in my life a lot of devorces ending with regret or a big amount of hate to both parents by their kids

I know ofcourse it's the children that will suffer the most.. I don't want to make any quiq decisions either.. BUT I do want what's best for the children..

Since you are British you will have your councils support.
If the children are small they are yours if they are big you will have to fight.

JonAsad wrote:

Since you are British you will have your councils support.
If the children are small they are yours if they are big you will have to fight.

Do u know this for a fact? ( What will happen if i went to court)

Thank you for that
Remember one thing.... Some people will give you bad advice out of envy
Others will give it to you out of bad experience
You r not them
You are not any body
You are yourself
Good memories you had with your husband... With your kids...... Are yours only
So think alone
Don't compare