Living and doing business in Vietnam

Hello everyone,
My name is Niels, I am from Denmark. Currently travelling in South East Asia and working online. I run a webagency. I am considering a more permanent base, and I hope it could be Vietnam. Have been visiting the country before, and it was a positive experience.

My first destination will be Ho Chi Minh city at the end of December 2015. Could be nice to meet up with someone and have a talk about doing business in Vietnam and what its like living there in general.

Also I would appreciate any tips about accomodation in HCM and info about coworking spaces.

Have a nice day.

What exactly does your business do?

My company does webdevelopment, design and programming of websites and webshops. What I had in mind was setting up a e-commerce webshop selling Vietnamese coffee online.

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : promoting your services freely on the forum is not allowed.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank you Anne

Hi Niels...I live in Saigon with my VN wife.Like her, I teach English, but my professional life has been in self employed business . It would be nice to meet up and exchange ideas.Though I am English ( see my profile ), I spent most of my adult life in France.If you can stay afloat in business there, you can do so in most other places. Drop me a personal message if you like. I have a good and very simple online product /idea . I am not a dreamer ( at 61 years of age ) and my business etiquette is, as in my personal life, honest and Buddhist. There is no problem for decent , reasonably priced accommodation in HCMC. Best wishes to you.

Jon Allsop wrote:

Hi Niels...I live in Saigon with my VN wife.Like her, I teach English, but my professional life has been in self employed business . It would be nice to meet up and exchange ideas.Though I am English ( see my profile ), I spent most of my adult life in France.If you can stay afloat in business there, you can do so in most other places. Drop me a personal message if you like. I have a good and very simple online product /idea . I am not a dreamer ( at 61 years of age ) and my business etiquette is, as in my personal life, honest and Buddhist. There is no problem for decent , reasonably priced accommodation in HCMC. Best wishes to you.

Hi Jon,
Would be happy to meet you. I will send you a private message.

Hello Niels,
If you're an IT expert and interesting in  start-up, please  arrange a coffee meet when you're in HCM city.
I have some ideas  ( not in real property) and let's see if we could have a co-operation!
Michael.

Michael.Ng wrote:

Hello Niels,
If you're an IT expert and interesting in  start-up, please  arrange a coffee meet when you're in HCM city.
I have some ideas  ( not in real property) and let's see if we could have a co-operation!
Michael.

Hi Michael,
Thank you for your answer. I will send you a private message.