Nurses in Al-Ain

Hi,
    I am considering a job in Al-Ain hospital.  If any nurses see this can you drop me a line so I can get some insight.

Thanks

Jim

what do you mean? r u a nurse looking for a job?

I have seen jobs advertised and considering applying.  I was looking for advice about the environment, location, housing etc..

Hi Jim,

I am a Clinical Resource Nurse on Medical 3 behavioural science institute ( Psyc to you and me ).

Been here since August 2010 and absolutely love it. Al Ain is farly quiet compared to, say Dubai but within easy reach - 90 mins to Abu Dhabi and Dubai.

Work is better than UK - higher staff/patient ratio but everyone still complains hee Hee. Once you get your head round the fact that religion and culture comes before everything including things like consent to treatment and terminal care you will be fine.

Loads of people here to make you feel at home.

Feel free to ask any questions and welcome aboard !

John.

@ Thunderace:

I'm also considering a Nurse post in Al Ain.My employer said it'd be commencing a month from today (say end March.) I'm ok with the offered salary but my only concern is the place. I don't know anybody there and most of my relatives are in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.Some say Al AIn is province-like compared to Dubai.
I'm Single.26.Male.
Any Advice?

Thanks.and crosing my fingers and wis to have some fun as well when i arrive there.

Ciao.

Ok, first Al Ain is nothing like Abu Dhabi or Dubai. It's slower pace, you can park ! everything is in easy reach and the hotels ie; Hilton, Intercontenental etc... have good western entertainment - the Hilton is more like the UK. If you want fast living then Al Ain is not it. If you want friendly people, a bit of a bop at the weekend then you got it here.

Myyself and the wife (I'm from the UK and my wife is Kenyan)  love it, in fact we met here so that might tell you something. Good food - loads of places to eat.

You will not be alone for long and if you do come just let me know the both of us would be happy to show you around.

Take care,

John.