Respiratory Therapist looking for extended education and job in France

Hello All,
I am married to a recent graduate in the field of respiratory therapy.  My husband is certified in the state of California and is currently working on his national certification.  We have been looking into moving to France and want to know what his options are.  He is also interested in getting a degree in respiratory therapy (if there is such a thing).  Meanwhile, I am looking to attend a university and study in the field of nutrition.  Any feedback, ideas or leads??  Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi - it's not much info, but it's something...
My French teacher says that to attend university in France, you need high marks (>85) on the DELF B2, and at least a fair level of DALF C1.

Thanks!  That's a good piece of information and a good way to start off the process.  I took some french in high school and some college courses but it's been years.  Time to brush up!

:)hi, i'm a certified respiratory therapist in the midwest. i also want to work in rt in paris. i looked at the web-sites for the american hospital in paris. they did'nt seem to employ resp. therapist, although they do have a pulmonary function lab. tell your husband about this, also in paris-there's a british hospital, he could look up. if he has any luck, please have him remember me. i'd like to relocate to paris, in less than a year, and i would love to network with the both of you, or ask how his experience is at the AH-if he finds a position. hope this helps, contact me if you wish and good-luck.

I am a respiratory therapist in Boston for 10 years. The only degree progams are from/through the AARC and they set you up with some colleges. The problems I have experienced and I am sure your husband will also is 1. THe world does not recognize RT, but do recognize :Pulmonary Nurses" 2ndly. He needs to be Registered to really get the good travel assignments and he also needs a BS/BA. A lot of colleges dont except all of the RT credits because its like career training..even though we save lives and have an Associates Degree. MY advice....have him get a BS in biology, Health Care Administrations, chemistry, biological anthropology,,,any of these fields + his degree in RT will make him a valuable resourse and more marketable to travel and work abroad. (and most colleges will accept the majority of his college credits..
Good Luck

New topic

Questions and answers about the labor market

Ask your question
Top hiring sectors in Languedoc Roussillon
By Julien
Looking for job in Montpellier, C driver
By Giggs
Looking for UK Expats in Southern France
By Rhi4me

Expatriate health insurance in Languedoc Roussillon

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Languedoc Roussillon

Moving to Languedoc Roussillon

Find tips from professionals about moving to Languedoc Roussillon

Travel insurance in Languedoc Roussillon

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Languedoc Roussillon

Flights to Languedoc Roussillon

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Languedoc Roussillon