Immersion school of spanish. Is there any school you can suggest?

Hello, I am a French Canadian woman. I am retired and I would like to go for 3 or 4 months in Guatemala in an immersion school of spanish. Is there any school you can suggest?  I have heard about Antigua spanish school like Don Pedro de Alvedero ? Gracias for your help!

Hello there Orchidee06,

Welcome on board  :)

A new thread has been created from your post on the Guatemala forum so that you may get some feedbacks.

You will have a list of language institutions recommended by members in the business directory. You may have a look and contact them : Language institutions in Guatemala

All the best,
Bhavna

If you are looking for an immersion experience, I actually do not recommend Antigua. I have been working and living in Guatemala 13 years. Although I never took a formal Spanish school course, the people I know who have, recommend the schools in Quetzaltenango (Xela) as far superior in style, conversational skills, content, immersion, etc. There are also at elast two schools in rural field areas, one around the Xela area, and at least one in a remote area of Todos Santos. Most of the Xela schools are connected to volunteer opportunities, and have options for actually living with a Guatemalan family. I also take people temporarily into my own home in Xela for a very reasonable rate, and I am almost competely bilingual. I work professionally all day out of the house, so any guest would have the place more or less to themselves most of the time.

I recommend the site XelaWho for a list of Spanish schools and contacts for the city.

If you are looking for an immersion experience, I actually do not reccommend Antigua. I have been working and living in Guatemala 13 years. Although I never took a formal Dpanish school course, the people I know who have, recommend the schools in Quetzaltenango (Xela) as far superior in style, conversational skills, content, immersion, etc. There are also at elast two schools in rural field areas, one around the Xela area, and at least one in a remote area of Todos Santos. Most of the Xela schools are connected to volunteer opportunities, and have options for actually living with a Guatemalan family. I also take people temporarily into my own home in Xela for a very reasonable rate, and I am almost competely bilingual. I work professionally all day out of the house, so any guest would have the place more or less to themselves most of the time.

I recommend the site XelaWho for a list of Spanish scholls and contacts for the city.