I'm Malaysian moving to Kuwait - looking for friends

Hello guys,

I'm currently in Luanda, Angola and planning to expand my career in Kuwait, if the process went through. I'm working in an oilfield service company and will be living in Al-Ahmadi, Kuwait. The plan is to bring my family with 3 children to live with me. I'm doing a homework now to evaluate the basic necessities in residing in Kuwait such as accommodation, transportation, education and social networking. I hope I can get assistance from your guys who already living now in Kuwait. Thanks and have a nice days.

Hello Sir, first of all welcome to Expat.com and congratulations on your planned move to Kuwait to expand your career.

are you going to be living in Ahmadi or working there? will the Co. be giving you accommodation in Ahmadi or just paying you an allowance and you want to live there because that is the area your workplace will be in?

Ahmadi is actually a very nice area or city towards the south of Kuwait. it is full of greenery and parks. But it has very few residential areas. Most of it consists of Company compounds and Industrial areas, some of the major Companies being KOC, KOTC, SCHLUMBERGER etc which are mostly oilfield related.

But nearby areas are residential like Mangaf, Abu Halifa, Fahaheel, Fintas etc where you can easily find Apartment according to your requirement and budget. These areas are also located near the sea so have access to the beach and there are many properties which offer Apartments with breathtaking sea view too. So depending on your requirement and budget you can get Apartments in any of these areas which are closer to Ahmadi. ***

Regarding Transportation, although Public transport buses are plying through Ahmadi and nearby areas, taxis are the popular and fastest mode of transportation. You can apply for and obtain driving Licence since you must be having an Engineering degree and hopefully enough Salary mentioned on your Work Contract (Izn-e-amal) to be eligible to do so. If you have your own car transportation will be a non-issue because you will have freedom of travel and time management.

Regarding education, expats can only send their children to private schools (unless you are a teacher teaching in one of the public schools). So in a nutshell education is expensive. There are many Indian as well as American, British and other schools in Kuwait. Many Indian Schools are located in the south areas and there are a couple of International schools in Fahaheel. The Indian schools are not so expensive while the International schools are very expensive. There is also a Philippine International School in Fahaheel which I heard is very good and not as expensive as the Other International schools. India International School is one of the popular Indian schools located in Mangaf. The Gulf English School is located in Fahaheel.

For social networking you can always refer to the options in this forum. I am sure you can contact people who are from your country and working here in Kuwait. You can find people from all communities and countries in Fahaheel, Mangaf, Mahboula etc areas which are nearby.

I hope this post satisfied some of your queries. Welcome aboard again.

Hello,

Thanks for the prompt reply. So far the offer is not in details yet so I can't comment much about what will the company provided in Kuwait. I already start searching online network communities especially related to Malaysian who are living there in Kuwait. Hope i'll get a better picture on what will be the best plan for me to there. Thanks

Hello again Sir, actually I do have some Malaysian clients whom I had helped to find Apartments and once you arrive I can give you there contacts so you can communicate with them and they also can provide assistance to you regarding the different aspects of life here in Kuwait.

Hoping to hear from you and see you in Kuwait soon

nazri_yie wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for the prompt reply. So far the offer is not in details yet so I can't comment much about what will the company provided in Kuwait. I already start searching online network communities especially related to Malaysian who are living there in Kuwait. Hope i'll get a better picture on what will be the best plan for me to there. Thanks

hey bro. when will you be in Kuwait ? I'm going there this end of year.
I'm from Malaysia too :)

Hello,

Not sure yet. Still in early stages in visa preparation.

Hello,

I just got a detail offer especially on housing allowance. Due to oil & gas  market downturn, unfortunately the package is a little bit low. Housing allowance is only KWD160/month. I do a quick search and can't find any apartment with this price. Can you comment on this?

Hello Mr. Nazri! That is true. You will not find any Apartment for that price, not even 1 Bedroom now-a-days. And studios are next to impossible to find. Maybe you can get a decent 1 Bedroom Apartment at places like Fintas, Mahboula etc for around 220-230 KD. Which means that you will have to put some amount from your salary if you want to get such an Apartment.

But since you have previously mentioned that you plan to get your family (wife and 3 Kids) to Kuwait later on, you will need at least a 2 Bedroom Apartment if not a 3 Bedroom. Such an Apartment will cost you at least 330-350 KD.

[Moderated]

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not promote your services on the website. Freely register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct