Looking for 2-3 month rental house feb 2015

Hello eveyone
We're in Derbyshire UK and have recently retired (although I continue to serve as a JP) and, having spent a great holiday in SL some years ago, we're seeking a rental property for 8-10 weeks starting early Feb 2016. I'm not finding it that easy to do online so wondered whether this might be an appropriate forum, sincere apologies if not.

2 beds min, some garden, we're keen wildlife and bird enthusiasts!
Preferably close to Kandy although we'd consider Galle too. Or maybe there's somewhere else we should consider. We don't plan to hire a car much if at all and prefer to use public transport. Not interested in apartments thank you.

Not too bothered about staff although ideally we'd like someone nearby (a Mr or Ms Fixit really) who can connect us with various local services such as cook, laundry, car hire etc. We prefer to spend our tourist £ supporting small local firms, not large business.

I would be grateful for any suggestions of agents or individuals who might be able to help me.

Thank you very much
Hilary

Hi Hilary,

Welcome to Expat.com  :)

You will find some professionals recommended by members if the business directory here : Real estate in Sri Lanka

Furthermore, i suggest you drop a free detailed advert in the Housing in Sri Lanka section of the website so that members may easily contact you.

Best of luck,
Bhavna

Hi Bhavna and thank you for your kind reply.
I will certainly do as you suggest and see what I can find.
Best wishes
Hilary (in wet and windy England)

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : Please post your ad in the housing in Sri Lanka section. Thank you.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : Please post your ad in the housing in Sri Lanka section. Thank you.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@yasapala and olga_dimitri

Please post a free ad in the housing section, top of this page. This applies to anyone who has accommodation to rent or is looking for somewhere to rent.
Advertising is not permitted on the open forum.

Please use the PM system to contact others privately as it is unsafe to post any private contact details on the open forum.

Hi Hilary,

I saw your post saying that you are looking for a place to stay in your visit for two three months.

I can help you with that.

Don't hesitate to let me know if you are ok.

Hope to hear from you!
Thanks
Milan