I would like to move to Romania

Hi
I would like to move to Romania. It is a very beautiful country. I work as a veterinary nurse in England.I have lived 11.5 yrs in France ,and can speak French.I would like to learn Romanian. Would any one be able to help me via skype?

fruzsina puli wrote:

Hi
I would like to move to Romania. It is a very beautiful country. I work as a veterinary nurse in England.I have lived 11.5 yrs in France ,and can speak French.I would like to learn Romanian. Would any one be able to help me via skype?

Fruzsina,

Your knowledge of French + English will take you a lot farther than just knowing English. Dont heed to the 'misinformed speculation' that is floated up here. Considering your fluency in French, you should be able to pick the local lingo in quick time. And from an employment perspective, if you choose to pursue the veterinary path ... RO is a country that loves their pets. So finding work at a veterinary clinic that services the expat lot, should not be too difficult. But otherwise, there are plenty of other opportunities you can find .. as there are some very sizeable French companies operating well in RO. I am sure there are always openings for seasoned professionals in international liaisons with players like  BRD (Societe Generale), Renault (makers of Dacia), Orange or even Carrefour, where your EN & FR skills provide immense value and I reckon, are much needed.

On a side note, there is a healthy French Expat Meetup in Bucharest, which draws 100+ people at every gathering. So you have another option to network and get make some quick contacts, as most French expats here are at a  management  level. Allez les Bleus.

Hi fruzsina puli,

Welcome to Expat.com! ;)

As a new member, you might introduce yourself ;) Please note that i created a new topic as from your post on the Romania forum.

Hi all

I'm Ainjalina, from Romania and have been living in the UK for the past 21 years. I am planning to relocate to Brasov in the next few years, but don't know anyone who lives there. Property prices are so varied and it is not always easy to figure out where to start my house hunting quest.

Are there any areas you can recommend? I am looking for a green and peaceful environment with easy access to a lot of great hiking trips in the beautiful surroundings mountains.

Is anyone here part of any mountaineering/skiing group?

Many thanks
A.

ainjalina wrote:

Hi all

I'm Ainjalina, from Romania and have been living in the UK for the past 21 years. I am planning to relocate to Brasov in the next few years, but don't know anyone who lives there....

Is anyone here part of any mountaineering/skiing group?

Many thanks
A.

Hi, hmm..."next few years"? You're getting quite a head start on research then? It's good to be prepared :)  Depending on just how many years your looking at, you might find a quite different situation as there is a lot of development in Romania going on.

As for your question, yes there are.  Have a look at this recent post which might interest you.

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team