3 Year TRC (Temporary Residence Card) without work permit

Could the sticking point be that Kytain has never voiced an intention to purchase a home in his wife's name but rather seems to intend to live with his brother-in-law?  Perhaps I misunderstood, but Ciambella didn't  you state that his wife, My, would not be allowed to be entered in her brother's book?

Of course it is long past time for Vietnam to continue to tie the full privileges of citizenship to the house book.  The absurdity of people being registered in distant provinces that they only visit once a year is not reflective of the economic realities of the country in which people move to where the jobs are.  The current system was set up for an agrarian society that Vietnam is transitioning away from.   If the government wants to keep track of where people are, it would be more accurate to simply record the current reality.

Thank you Ciambella and Budman1. I appreciate the advise and information.

Do either of you know where my wife will need to go to get a NEW hộ khẩu if this turns out to be required.

Best Regards
Kytain

Hi I am new to this forum !!! ,Was looking about the trc in internet

Got question about trc

I have trc ,my trc got folded ,from one side the laminate has got open slightly ,and line has come in the middle like it's been folded is it a problem

This driving license people mis used it ,with bad care ,is it a problem do I need to go check it out with the imigration poeple or the agent

Hi guys. I have a spousal TRC expiring in early 2019. Can this TRC be 'renewed' or I need to apply for a new one upon expiry? Appreciate throwing some light on this.

LSP123 wrote:

Hi guys. I have a spousal TRC expiring in early 2019. Can this TRC be 'renewed' or I need to apply for a new one upon expiry? Appreciate throwing some light on this.

You need to go through it all again.

Same procedure.

Thanks, guys. What I understand is that the TRC scheme could be 'withdrawn' at a whim or fancy. My fear is that by late this year, it could suffer that fate. Should I lose out on couple of months and even apply now since I understand the scheme is in operation ? Advice appreciated..

TRC takes about 10 working days so you should consider your schedule to apply. To activate TRC, you need to leave Vietnam then re-enter with it. You can do it by yourself but if you want to save more time and procedure, you can contact with agent and the fee will be higher, of course.

LSP123 wrote:

Thanks, guys. What I understand is that the TRC scheme could be 'withdrawn' at a whim or fancy. My fear is that by late this year, it could suffer that fate. Should I lose out on couple of months and even apply now since I understand the scheme is in operation ? Advice appreciated..

Your perspective is revealed by your vocabulary.   Most obvious is that you refer the Spousal TRC which is a codified government policy as a "scheme"  The word scheme can be value neutral but is usually used to denote something illegal or unethical.  There may be schemes to extract extra fees (bribes) on behalf of lower and mid-level officials but the basic structure is policy.

The Communist Party of Vietnam while not entirely democratic has come a long way from the Stalinist days of Le Duan.  Things like immigration rules are debated and voted on by deliberative bodies at different levels and people don't disappear when they are on the losing side of a vote.  I don't know what level of government establishes immigration rules but they are not simply devised by one person who can "withdraw [them] at a whim or fancy."  It is true that foreigners have no input and even less knowledge of what is going on in government.  Even with a free press these things would still be confusing if one did not speak Tiếng Việt.  Also the press in Vietnam usually, but not always, reports government actions only after the debate is over with.  Sadly the roll-out of policies into the more remote provinces really does seem to take longer than it should in this era of electronic communication.  These things make things seem more arbitrary than they really are.

I believe Colinoscapee, sometime in Oct 2017 mentioned that some of his friends were turned away in Vung Tau immigration office when they tried to apply TRC. Thus, it shows that the officers can withdraw this 'scheme' at any time, with no qualms or accountability to anyone..therein lies my fear!

What you describe may be a true story but that does not describe the TRC as "withdrawn."   As far as you or I or anyone else here knows, the law is still on the books.   What you describe is one office choosing not to do the work it has been tasked to do.  Granted that is a problem but a different one.

LSP123 wrote:

I believe Colinoscapee, sometime in Oct 2017 mentioned that some of his friends were turned away in Vung Tau immigration office when they tried to apply TRC. Thus, it shows that the officers can withdraw this 'scheme' at any time, with no qualms or accountability to anyone..therein lies my fear!

The reason the agents didn't do the TRC was a money issue. By law you can apply to do it yourself. The agents at the office I was referring to like you to use an independent visa broker, that way they will get a kickback from the broker.

Not sure if this is true or the agent is confused, but I was told that the law has changed yet AGAIN. I was told by the agent that you can apply for a TRC without having a VEC, she said the law has just been changed. Anyone else heard of this.

There has no law changed regarding TRC within the past few years. TRC is for those, who invest/making business in Vietnam (legal), anything else ar5e tourist or working visa's
Whilst there a few advantages against visa, A visa should suffice for most english teacher and other longer term tourists

l3ully wrote:

There has no law changed regarding TRC within the past few years. TRC is for those, who invest/making business in Vietnam (legal), anything else ar5e tourist or working visa's
Whilst there a few advantages against visa, A visa should suffice for most english teacher and other longer term tourists

I know what the TRC is, I have had it before. What I'm saying is, the agent in Saigon said that you now don't have to apply for the VEC before getting a TRC. She is saying you can apply straightaway for the TRC.

In a few days, i have 5th TRC in row. Is an easy process, same as to begin with, about 12 years, almost unchanged process.
Above, all the cockup is only because some fast want-to-be-rich sold anything, without knowing, what the requirements are (fast money .. ;).
Those people, will find out ... who bought the crap

I doubt that. There is 0 proof, but some rumors, that officials ain't allowed to take tea money from foreigners.
So the agent  has a job in the shadow economy

Must leave country - to activate a TRC is nonsense.
I have left vietnam twice, outside the renewal periods Having 4 TRC already in row and renewing now

So far two agents have said this. I will look into it a bit more.

TRC you get, when owning a business/investor and not married to a Vietnamese partner.For thse, having a Vietnamese spouse is the "spouse visa", the exemption. For longer tourists/english teachers, foreign staff is the work visa  or tourist visa.
As far I understand, there is no more work permit, but the work visa

Just contacted another agent who confirmed that a VEC is not required first before applying for a TRC for a spouse.

All depending on Nationalities. I strongly assume, spouse is Vietnamese. Then you are better and correct of wwithe "spouse visa".
Foreign spouses of a foreigner on a TRC  ... are somehow entitled to follow, but no idea to what.
I know a few couples, and all had TRC, not even sure, how that was with their kids ...

TRCis/pncludes a work permit

l3ully wrote:

TRCis/pncludes a work permit

If you go back to the beginning of this thread, you will read that it is about a TRC that is available to spouses of VN citizens and not about the TRC that depends on a work permit. 

Even the work related TRC does not include (I am assuming that is the word you intended to spell.) a work permit.  In fact you need the work permit first and the TRC (work related) follows.

Spouses get their Spause visa, aka visa excemption

yep, there is typo: includes a work permit
That still does not make it a visa

TRC that is available to spouses of VN citizens is a TRC type TT.

you (always get) what you pay for. This is what makes Vietnam famous. Problems only occur, if staff or offices are changing and you want/need to renew.
What some here just want or take it as their right, I bet, in Europe or the staates, many would up just deported or in a prison.
Whilst for the first time the  20kg or more  of paperwork look ridiculus, It's worth the efford. A later renewal is really just done in less than a cigarette length

l3ully wrote:

Spouses get their Spause visa, aka visa excemption

Spouses of VN nationals can get TRC as well. Type TT as @Andy.. said.

just keep on posting nonsense a lot. when there ias time for renewal and maybe people where shiftet, they have the biggest trouble.
To be honrst, I also could get a  visa and a work permit.

https://www.google.com.vn/search?q=viet … nLaTluWMgM
My TRC looks like in the picture (only my passport photo doesn't look that beautiful :) ).

I have travelled to Vietnam with my TRC several times and all banks and authorities have accepted it.

I applied for the TRC type TT directly after my marriage.  The first time I came was with a three month multiple entry tourist visa type DL.

yes, same alike i have now 4th in a row, just brooken, for aome weeks, because ,pssed renewaj

l3ully wrote:

yes, same alike i have now 4th in a row, just brooken, for aome weeks, because ,pssed renewaj

I realize that you may not be a native English speaker, but a little editing before posting could go a long way.

THIGV wrote:
l3ully wrote:

I realize that you may not be a native English speaker, but a little editing before posting could go a long way.

I think that HAS been edited...  :/

So, basically there are 2 types of TRC. One is contingent upon owning a business or working for one and have that organization sponsor your application. The other is for those married to Vietnamese nationals, and sponsored by him/her and needing to stay here for 1,2 or more years. An agent can do it for you or you could just do it yourself. Just collect the proper set of forms, fill them up and enclose all the other documents asked for, e.g. Marriage certificate etc. the process only takes 5 days (exclude day of application) and a sum of 3621,000  VND.  For 3 years. I had just done it.

"he other is for those married to Vietnamese nationals, and sponsored by him/her and needing to stay here for 1,2 or more years"
Nope
those are primary on the spouse visa. However, they could have married after having the TRC or for a third.
The primary should be on the spouse visa, aka visa excemption, which must be all 3x month or so stamped, just not rquires you to pay visa fees, needing a visa ....
The spouse visa allows you to stay, work .. already

https://www.vietnam-immigration.org.vn/ … gners.html

Also, look athe dates, That is ages old. Updates to that, you can search yourelf

and here the one, should be still valid https://visa.mofa.gov.vn/NewsDetail.aspx?id=29

Who is talking about VISAs here. With the TRC, you are free from visa application So!!

LSP123 wrote:

Who is talking about VISAs here. With the TRC, you are free from visa application So!!

I've had the TRC type TT for a year.  Just like you described it in your last post.

It's incredible that people keep saying it's wrong, even though some of us have already done it.

l3ully wrote:

This is not at all true.  No visa by itself allows anyone to work, with the exception of the diplomatic visas and perhaps the DT and DN.  A separate work permit is still required for holders of the TT.

Information about the residence permit (TRC) in Vietnam
- S B Law (Feb, 2018)
As @THIGV said, a TRC (TT) or VEC holder needs a Work Permit to work legally in Vietnam.

THIGV wrote:
l3ully wrote:

This is not at all true.  No visa by itself allows anyone to work, with the exception of the diplomatic visas and perhaps the DT and DN.  A separate work permit is still required for holders of the TT.

Assuming, you have a spouse visa/ visa excemption, because narried to Vietnamese... and you maybe work with her in her business...
then comes as a top-up?
Now, yu also did bring bring two minors ,, they are about finishi9ng school and want to start university here. what they would need to top-up?

I am pretty sure, you are going to ask for a trc and presenting the visa excemption, ythey just will send you away