Close

3 Year TRC (Temporary Residence Card) without work permit

Could the sticking point be that Kytain has never voiced an intention to purchase a home in his wife's name but rather seems to intend to live with his brother-in-law?  Perhaps I misunderstood, but Ciambella didn't  you state that his wife, My, would not be allowed to be entered in her brother's book?

Of course it is long past time for Vietnam to continue to tie the full privileges of citizenship to the house book.  The absurdity of people being registered in distant provinces that they only visit once a year is not reflective of the economic realities of the country in which people move to where the jobs are.  The current system was set up for an agrarian society that Vietnam is transitioning away from.   If the government wants to keep track of where people are, it would be more accurate to simply record the current reality.

Thank you Ciambella and Budman1. I appreciate the advise and information.

Do either of you know where my wife will need to go to get a NEW hộ khẩu if this turns out to be required.

Best Regards
Kytain

Hi I am new to this forum !!! ,Was looking about the trc in internet

Got question about trc

I have trc ,my trc got folded ,from one side the laminate has got open slightly ,and line has come in the middle like it's been folded is it a problem

This driving license people mis used it ,with bad care ,is it a problem do I need to go check it out with the imigration poeple or the agent

Hi guys. I have a spousal TRC expiring in early 2019. Can this TRC be 'renewed' or I need to apply for a new one upon expiry? Appreciate throwing some light on this.

LSP123 :

Hi guys. I have a spousal TRC expiring in early 2019. Can this TRC be 'renewed' or I need to apply for a new one upon expiry? Appreciate throwing some light on this.

You need to go through it all again.

Same procedure.

Thanks, guys. What I understand is that the TRC scheme could be 'withdrawn' at a whim or fancy. My fear is that by late this year, it could suffer that fate. Should I lose out on couple of months and even apply now since I understand the scheme is in operation ? Advice appreciated..

TRC takes about 10 working days so you should consider your schedule to apply. To activate TRC, you need to leave Vietnam then re-enter with it. You can do it by yourself but if you want to save more time and procedure, you can contact with agent and the fee will be higher, of course.

LSP123 :

Thanks, guys. What I understand is that the TRC scheme could be 'withdrawn' at a whim or fancy. My fear is that by late this year, it could suffer that fate. Should I lose out on couple of months and even apply now since I understand the scheme is in operation ? Advice appreciated..

Your perspective is revealed by your vocabulary.   Most obvious is that you refer the Spousal TRC which is a codified government policy as a "scheme"  The word scheme can be value neutral but is usually used to denote something illegal or unethical.  There may be schemes to extract extra fees (bribes) on behalf of lower and mid-level officials but the basic structure is policy.

The Communist Party of Vietnam while not entirely democratic has come a long way from the Stalinist days of Le Duan.  Things like immigration rules are debated and voted on by deliberative bodies at different levels and people don't disappear when they are on the losing side of a vote.  I don't know what level of government establishes immigration rules but they are not simply devised by one person who can "withdraw [them] at a whim or fancy."  It is true that foreigners have no input and even less knowledge of what is going on in government.  Even with a free press these things would still be confusing if one did not speak Tiếng Việt.  Also the press in Vietnam usually, but not always, reports government actions only after the debate is over with.  Sadly the roll-out of policies into the more remote provinces really does seem to take longer than it should in this era of electronic communication.  These things make things seem more arbitrary than they really are.

I believe Colinoscapee, sometime in Oct 2017 mentioned that some of his friends were turned away in Vung Tau immigration office when they tried to apply TRC. Thus, it shows that the officers can withdraw this 'scheme' at any time, with no qualms or accountability to anyone..therein lies my fear!

What you describe may be a true story but that does not describe the TRC as "withdrawn."   As far as you or I or anyone else here knows, the law is still on the books.   What you describe is one office choosing not to do the work it has been tasked to do.  Granted that is a problem but a different one.

LSP123 :

I believe Colinoscapee, sometime in Oct 2017 mentioned that some of his friends were turned away in Vung Tau immigration office when they tried to apply TRC. Thus, it shows that the officers can withdraw this 'scheme' at any time, with no qualms or accountability to anyone..therein lies my fear!

The reason the agents didn't do the TRC was a money issue. By law you can apply to do it yourself. The agents at the office I was referring to like you to use an independent visa broker, that way they will get a kickback from the broker.