I want to move to Honduras !!!

Hello out there,

It is time for me to find a new place to be in life. I think Honduras would be perfect! It would be great to find a great little town to live simply and safely.furthermore, it would be in my nest interest to find some business to open. I;m in the US. now and would be open to driving or bringing down things or vehicles we could use or sell in Honduras. Des anyone there have any bright ideas? I'm glad this forum is here. Thank you!

Being in business in Honduras is not easy. Plus check into the costs of importing items to Honduras - you will change your mind quickly.

Hello,

Do you want to live in Tela?

I have a house for rent or sale in Tela, in a touristic project named Honduras Shores Plantation (you can see it, in the internet).

If you are interested please contact me.

God morning,

Thanks for contacting.
Yeah, I wold be interested in a little place,very little...Smiles
So, the big question is, how little is it an how much do you NEED for it?
Do you live in the area?
Again, thanks for reaching out.
Dougald

I live in a small town in Honduras (El Porvenir) just like you are looking for.  We are currently selling property here.  check out our website at honduranlife.com.  My husband and I just moved here six months ago and we are also interested in developing business opportunities here as well.  You can email me directly at [email protected] with any questions.

Hi Dougald,

What kind of site are you lookimg for?

Do you like the nature, the beaches, the sea, fishing?

What kind of business do you want to start?

Do you looking for a small town with all the utilities or a site near to a little town?

If you give us more information we can help you to find a place.

Regards

Carlos Javier Medina

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

There are many business opportunities here ranging from jet ski rentals to real estate. Just depends on you.
I would not recommend driving down to Honduras with all the problems in Mexico. Shipping is a much better option.

How about the possibility of purchasing a condo or beach house and renting it out for a few years until we can move there?  Do people do that?  My husband and I are interested in moving there.  I do accounting, my husband is a carpenter.

That's a great idea !! There are few direct beachfront homes for rent here.

Chris Barret?  I sent you a message from relating to another post.  How would we go about keeping it rented and cleaned in between renters, etc.  Condo or house better?  Would there be enough interest to keep it rented?

How about job opportunities in the accounting bookkeeping field?  We considered buying a small boutique motel/hotel in the future as well.

With my experience in Honduras, a single family direct beachfront home will sell twice as quick as a condo. This proves a beach home is a better investment especially when condo prices have dropped all over.
Before I made investments years ago in La Ceiba I did a survey asking "what would you rather own, a beach home or a condo ?"
Well... out of 1324 responses 98% said "beach home".
When you can purchase a brand new direct beachfront home for around $150,000.00 USD, why purchase a small condo ?!?

A beach home will rent quicker than a condo if prices are equal. There is managment company in La Ceiba Beach Club that handles rentals and always someone there to help around your home.
Look online for "true" direct beachfront homes for rent. Not many there.....
LCBC has taken advantage of this providing direct beachfront owners the chance to rent there homes without worry.