Any one can refer a good health insurance company for expats?

I am looking for a good health insurance company, just emailed one refered by this forum a week ago, but got no feedback at all.

Can anyone share your health insruance experience with me ?

Like the name and phone number, how much it cost for one person, what kind of coverage, how do you like their service etc.
thanks a lot

Hello Maggie J :)

For health insurance, get a free quote from our business partner.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Sheetul

If you will have your own company or if the company you will be working for is looking for coverage for its employees, I would highly encourage the company to join the Mauritius Employers' Federation (MEF) as a first step if not done already.

The annual cost for MEF membership is minimal and they provide a lot of value for businesses so you can be sure your company is up to speed on all of the employer requirements in Mauritius and be sure to receive notice of any regulatory / statue changes so your company remains in compliance to Mauritian laws.

Secondly, after you join MEF, your company is then eligible to take part in MEF Provident Association's (MEFPA) group health care options.  MEFPA's healthcare plans are fantastic and reasonably priced as well.

Here is the website for MEF:  http://www.mef-online.org/

Here is the website for MEFPA:  http://www.mefpa.org/

If you are looking for your own personally arranged independent health coverage for you and your family what I recommended above is not an option unfortunately as it has to be done through a MEF member company.

Good luck though....

Thank you everyone for your reply. I am looking for my personally arranged independant health coverage ,any  suggestions will be more than welcome.

Sheetul wrote:

Hello Maggie J :)

For health insurance, get a free quote from our business partner.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Sheetul

I filled the form and emailed them, but got no feedback at all. I have to say that I don't think their service is good

When did you fill the form ? Today ?

Julien wrote:

When did you fill the form ? Today ?

About a week ago

I see ... I'll give them a call and see what's going on, thanks

Julien wrote:

I see ... I'll give them a call and see what's going on, thanks

Do you have their Mauritius local phone number? I would like to give them a call too. Thanks

Hi Maggie,

did you use the form on this page ? https://www.expat.com/en/insurance/africa/mauritius/

our partner and I double checked and we can't find your quote demand...

They are in France you can contact them: +33 (0) 1 40 47 91 00

hello,

I have the same problem: Asked for a quote last week, but still don't have any news...
Do you have an e-mail address to contact them?

Thank you

I have used La Prudence Mauricienne for health insurance for some years now. Apart from the occasional admin problem all has been fine. On the rare occasion I have made a claim, it was paid directly to the clinic very promptly.They are based in Port Louis and the telephone number is 207 2500.

Hi

I have been on La Prudence for almost two years now, and haven't had any problems as yet (apart from some admin problems - same as maurilady) I have made one claim so far (I saw a dentist in SA) and I had to pay the dentist and claim the money back - which I did and I recieved it a month later. I use the branch in Mahebourg, but I assume there is branches all over?

Good luck

Hi Maggie,
I am based in London. For my insurance I go directly through City Brokers (208 2522) based in Port-Louis. They provide an excellent service and managed to renew my House policy by providing a Premium at half the price of what I was paying directly to an insurance company!!
Best of luck,
Tristan