Enquiries working in MUSCAT

I'm from Malaysia, and got an offer in MUSCAT as a Chief Nursing Officer. They are offering 1000 Omani rial with accomodation, family visa, medical coverage (includes family) and yearly annual ticket for me and family. My enquiries is how is teh cost of living in MUSCAT, children education, and how much can I save?

sinec accomodation & medical coverage is covered, you can easily save minimum 800 OMR. As far as school is concerned it depends on which school u put your child. However for Indian School  it will be around OMR 50-100 omr...

Pratheema,

Some of the postings under "cost of living " would give you item-wise cost . You have to pick up whatever you think is relevant for you. Generally speaking, accommodation ( I am assuming it is furnished) being taken care of , for food , you may not spend more than 150 to 200 OMR .   

Now comes transport and entertainment , which would entirely depend on your lifestyle.

If you have very specific questions , you can post them here and i am sure some of the members would be able to help you out.

Best wishes

HI,

Thank you for the feedback. I would like to ask about day care. I have a 1 1/2 year old son and I wonder is there any daycare and how is the schooling over there?

Yes , there are many day care centres around . Just google and you will have a list .
Since I do not have a first hand experience, i cannot comment on their quality .

I have also seens ads by ladies who do babysitting .

schooling is okay.... and u will lot of babysitting and day care....