Hello- considering relocating to gilbrartar to work

considering relocating to gilbrartar to work in the st bernard hospital, has anyone worked there? plus got a cat, was wondering how to transport her over, got no car, are there companies supplying this service

http://www.jets4pets.com/

Do you have a contract or job offer ?

Regards

Grumpy

hello,

not yet ,i would like to work at the hospital in main theatres to work in my field, not sure about the relocation packages, i see that the hospital is recruiting on a regular basis

thanks for the web address for pets

sylvia80 wrote:

hello,

not yet ,i would like to work at the hospital in main theatres to work in my field, not sure about the relocation packages, i see that the hospital is recruiting on a regular basis

Best of luck

Have you visited Gibraltar?

Grumpy

yes, i am from spanish origin but lived in england the last twenty years, love england but missing the sunshine

sylvia80 wrote:

yes, i am from spanish origin but lived in england the last twenty years, love england but missing the sunshine

I presume therefore that you are bilingual which is a great asset in Gib

I SPEAK FRENCH TOO :)

sylvia80 wrote:

I SPEAK FRENCH TOO :)

Trilingual      :top:

Where in UK are you?

EASTBOURNE EAST SUSSEX, WORKING IN BRIGHTON

Gibraltar is very popular with Spanish medical staff

WHY IS THAT,,

sylvia80 wrote:

WHY IS THAT,,

Good question

I think because of the closeness of Gibraltar and the lack of jobs in Spain, Plus the fact that Spanish is widely spoken here although English is the official language and is required for any Government employment. Also there are still some of the older residents who only speak Spanish. Add to that the Moroccans who are likely to be fluent in Spanish or French as well as Arabic.

Gibraltar has always recruited from overseas and the health service is a mini United Nations.

oh dear lots of competition then for me.....i am intending to come for a holiday to observe it all, look at the property market, and go to the hospital to see, i am quite determined so hoping all be good, can you recommend an hotel, very central to stay during my holidays mid range prices, be fantastic, how long you been there then?? are you in the gaming industry?

Hotel wise I always think the Asur in La Linea 5 min walk to the frontier offers the best value although I have never been in it.
But note that there was a report recently that the company had gone bust. However various booking sites are still listing it.

In Gibraltar the O'Callaghan Eliott Hotel centre of town is probably the best value but more expensive.

I arrived in Gibraltar when the frontier was closed and am now retired.

I have posted 4 pictures from 1976-1980 here :- https://www.expat.com/en/pictures/europe/gibraltar/

oh thanks looking forward exploring it all and make new friends and start a new life....your pis are nice