Salary expectations

Hey everyone,

I have a potential job opportunity in Muscat in the medical field, I am being offered monthly 1538 omr along with 500 omr and 200 omr for telephone and transportation.  Is this a good salary expectations and if possible if I could receive some feedback that would be wonderful!

hi
how are u
nice to know u got job in oman
what position in medical field u getting job ?

Hi Charliejojo,

So you monthly package would be R.O. 2,238/- ? It is an excellent package, if accommodation is also provided.

Even otherwise, it is a salary that one cannot complain of.

Suggest your read the numerous posts and discussion here in Cost of Living section for some useful information on this subject.

Thanks for the prompt reply,

To clarify its $1538 salary along with $500 housing and 210 for transportation and phone

I am able to negotiate apparently but not sure how much more to ask? Also should I ask for anything else such as health insurance?
I was told that attaining a drivers license is difficult ?
Thanks again for your help

Your first post clearly mentioned the currency as Omani Rials !

Never mind, $2248/- converts to about R.O. 865/-. This is a good sum if you are going to be on single status. For a family, this may not be really enough.

If accommodation is not going to be provided by your employer, then it would not be sufficient to lead a comfortable life here.

All expatriate employees must be provided with health insurance, annual paid vacation, with return airfare to their home base, as per the local labour laws. For the employer, it is not an option.

Westerners can easily convert their local driving licence to an Omani one, across the counter, unlike the Asian expats who would have to pay a fortune and take endless tests before they can obtain an Omani driving licence.

Sorry typo the salary is Omani rials!

Good package. :) Go for it.