Bringing a pet from Austria to Mauritius.

Hi there,

I have read all the other posts concerning bringing pets to Mauritius and have already spoke with Mrs. Boodoo but I would like to know if there is someone who travelled from Austria to Mauritius and how it went. My husband is Austrian and I am Mauritian. We are planning to relocate with our cats in march.

Best regards,
Géraldine.

Hello Geraldine,  I arrived from England on Friday with my two Yorkies. It's not a problem,  of course all the  packingand getting ready to move does upset them a bit but the flight is fine. They will settle down once the plane takes off. On arrival they will be met and taken to the kennels, where you can visit everyday.
Who is clearing them this end?  If you ha e any other concerns just get in touch.
Don't worry.p

Good morning Barbara. I have 2 Peterbalds, they are not quiet cats and will not be happy to get closed. We will have to give them something to relax during the flight (cabin is allowed). Is it necessary to get the broker?

Hello Geraldine,  are you allowed 2 cats k the cabin?  If so and you have all your papers. I can't see why you need a broker. But your cat's have to go I toquarantibe for 5 days so based on this I would get a broker to do all the paper work and transfer to the kennels.
If you need a broker I will give you the details for Mr Hurry.

Yes, I have read all this in the other threads. Austrian airlines allowed pets to be under the passengers' seats but must not weight more than 8kg with carrier. I am asking for the broker because that's what I read that a lot of people have used one. My parents will pick us from the airport and can transfer them to Quarantine. But please send me Mr Hurry contacts. Better a lot of information than too less.