SALARY INCREASED!

Good day co-expat members. Been working here in Riyadh for almost 5 months, Our salary is 1,125SR plus 200 food allowance. Then last month, theres a lot of new staffs came and they signed a contract and their salary is 1,500SR, so most of my collueagues asked our managers, why the salary of new staffs are higher than us. Manager replied, we will increase also your salary but, only for who worked in the company for almost a year. My question is, isn't it unfair for us ? They should be treating us fairly. Meaning to say we need to wait till 1 year to get that increase. And i read some article about Labor Laws the minimum wage for workers like us should not be lower than 1,500SR. Thank you. Godspeed.

Dear Friend,

Your company manager is still generous about the increase of your salary. There are a few company that promises his employees that will increase their salary after a year. What you have signed in your employment contract here in Saudi Arabia will be followed. Please read your contract if it was stated there that after a couple of months is that you are eligible for salary appraisal or increase depends on your performance in work. I believe that your agency in your country (I think Philippines) Does not inform you that your current salary today is below the minimum salaray for expats here in KSA. Because the minimum Salary as of late 2013 or 2014, The Effective minimum Salary for all expats is SAR1,500. Not including the House, Transportation and Food Allowance.

So if you already signed the contract here in Saudi Arabia with your thumb mark signature, You should have a copy of it and check the details for salary increase or probation period. It is your own accord that you have agreed on that salary when you are still in your country so do not blame your company if they will give higher salary to new employee because you have accepted your salary.

Problem Solved. Thank You 😁