Aussie looking to make some friends

Hi,
I'm a teacher here in Egypt and i am looking to meet some other expats to go out with sometimes.

Hey me too.. well i'm not a teacher but I could use one :):) kidding :):) I recently moved to Maadi and I would also like to meet other expats, I am definitely up for a coffee or something especially on free off work days. Where are you located? I hope not at the other end of Cairo :) Gimmy a shout when you wanna go out

I wouldnt mind meeting as well. Im in Maadi. We should arrange a coffee morning or something.

OK I say we first figure out a place to go to.. say a caffee... since I'm new in the area (Maadi nearby the American college), I know only one decent place it's called "euro deli" on st. 232 south of st.213, it's two blocks east of the American college. Another nice caffee I know is "the coffee beans and leafs" I believe it was called, and it is very close to the main metro station on st.9 There are a couple of more caffees on the same street but I haven't been to any of them. Any other suggestions?
Next is to set a day and time. I'll be available during the feast, so it's up to you... see you soon :)
p.s. other expats are also welcome to join

Hello
Welcome
I Just Wanted To Say I Love The Australian Accent Really
!

Hi there- my wife is out of the country for one month and I feel the ceiling of our home is dropping on my head. If either of you are out for a coffee, let me know if I can join. I'd love some company. best regards !

Hey guys, if you're interested there is a mini mixer next Monday in Zamalek, check the topic in the forum for further detail and up dates

contact me i love to get to know new people
new in cairo :P

dear all for outing in cairo just see this topic

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=98672

Hi, Im moving to Cairo from London in 10 days and would love to meet some other expats for coffee please let me know when you plan to meet.

Thanks
Rachel

We will meet this thursday

don moe wrote:

We will meet this thursday

and we are looking forward to making it every Thursday :).so we can meet Expats r still coming ;)

You are more than welcome to Expat-blog, and here in Egypt.
pls, check this outing, and we hope you will be able to join

Rozypearl wrote:

Hey all, thx for the lovely comments, the night was great cos of u guys, even though I never used to plan many outings now I'm actually ready to plan two events a week. Already, I have one outing planned....LISTEN UP:

Our next "Fun Day Out": Thursday, August 18th

Dish party Style Iftar on Felukka:
We will all meet at 6:00 pm in front of the Four Season Hotel in Down Town and leave at 6:15 exactly. The felukka ride will last for two hours. Each hour costs around 60 L.E. The cost will be split among us equally. I know this will be Iftar time but it's the best time so we can enjoy the sunset. Of course most of us will be hungry (It's Ramadan, lol!) so I suggest we all have Iftar on the felukka together; if each of us brings ...a dish, there will be plenty of food for all of us. Or: We can just bring take away food or agree on all bringing food from one place. Post a confirm that u r coming as soon as possible and write what u will bring so we don't all bring the same thing, Lol!

Please all be on time, as we will leave at 6:15pm sharp

If u guys r worried about food, as I said we can just get take away food or pizza or even dishes. If we decide to bring dishes, don't worry! U can bring snacks or some savory (salizon) from Mongene or any bakery. Others can bring home made sandwiches or a plate of sweets. If u can make simple dishes like potato salad or other kinds of salads, please do. If u can make any other finger food, please do or whatever. We will also need drinks and water but the focus should be on food!

After the Felukka ride, we can all go to a nearby cafe where we can have drinks and sweets, I am open to any suggestions.

Tell me what u guys think as soon as possible. If anyone has comments or concerns, please write them and I will try to accommodate everyone.

Rania

Take care