The Best Gift to Me from Jordan

When I contemplate on the blessings of eyesight, hearing, the ability to walk straight, the ability to talk and think clearly, they are all blessings that we take for granted.

But there is one gift that God has given me and to me, he is more important to me, then all of those that I previously mentioned above....and I feel the need to share this with you.

Yes I came to Jordan and struggled, but out of all that, I was granted perhaps the greatest blessing of all, and he is my Husband, Fouad.

Who is Fouad????? Well his name says it. He's ALL heart. (Fouad in Arabic means "heart" ).

He is NOT educated!
And guess what--he's not rich!
He doesn't even own a house like most Jordanian Married men do.

NOPE. None of that. And I didn't want any of that, and to be honest, I don't care what he HAS or doesn't.

BUT He has captured my soul, and without him, I would never ever have survived the last years that I spent in Jordan.

He has brought me to so many depths of reality and imagination.
We can sit and talk and laugh, and joke for hours and hours on end.
He used to bring me my favorite shwarma when I was pregnant....and when I never asked for it!

He's so strong too....he served for HIs Majesty King Abdullah II in His Royal Special Forces Command...he is probably the most strong-willed person I have ever ever met. He taught the art of survival, the art of being happy when you have nothing, and the art of making the best out of ones circumstances.

He took me so many places....he showed me these really old old acient caves in Jaresh that are still not visited by tourists today because they haven't been studied yet. He showed me who and who not to trust, he taught me all that I know about living in Amman, and Jerash, and Mafraq....

My husband taught me the meaning of life.....he stubborn will has gotten us through the fire....and through IMPOSSIBLE times. Times when I swore we weren't going to survive. But we did!

He taught me never to give up on Allah (GOD). He taught me how wonderful Jordanians can really be.

He brought out the passion in me for life. I pray for my dear Husband Fouad, day and night, and he sleeps and lives out of his Momayez Mercedes Benz Taxi......and he sets the example for me to follow--that hard work will eventually some how pay off.

He's so amazing...and everyone he meets, loves him.

And all his friends help him even if it meant 3 am in the morning. One time, I was bleeding to death from a miscarriage...and we had no money for a hospital. He took me to Al Basheer. They said that he needed JD 250 or else I could die. He had 5 dinars in his pocket. He went and called his most loyal friends. Some were military, some were from the police. Yes his family did not help us. But his friends pulled together for him and he saved my life.

I will never ever explain in words how much he means to me.....and how much he has made me so proud to say I am a part of his name...and I am proud to tell everyone who he is.....
Fouad Dalabih---of Bani Hassan who has friends from all over the middle - east, extending from Gaza, to Cairo, to Baghdad, and Kuwait City, whether they are rich or poor, all his friends adore Fouad....

Allah yi7mik Ya Fouad.....Allah yitawel 3omrak....Ameen

Your housband must be very pleased reading this message, if it was for me I would send him in private, or maybe you feel the need (or he does ...)to let the world know how grateful you are being his wife... Is yoyr life better now?? Do you see your life in Jordan different these days? Best wishes !!

Thank you Danik that was really kind of you.

Yeah well, I'm now back home in Colorado, and I've just gotten employement with Victoria's Secrets and Banana Republic. So I'm really happy now. It's all seasonal work until mid-January, and I plan on returning so we can get ourselves on our feet again. Otherwise work in Jordan wasn't an easy thing to keep nor come by.

I told my husband a lot of this by phone. I'd have to translate it, I could, but it'd take probably 16 SMS's to get to him :D. So I just tell him every day how much he means to me, and how really valuable he is in my life. I adore my husband so much, and even more since I been back home. He's still in Jordan. But hopefully one day we'll both be here together.

WOW FoudsBaby from the way u talk about ur love to your Husband,I became very interested to know how did u guys meet and where?
More I like to meet him and meet you.I dated few American ladies in USA but none of them was this emotion and warm feeling..I seen many American ladies who married to Arab but I never seen one like u..
Can I meet foud?
Chris

I'm sure he'd love to meet ya... he gets along with everyone. The only problem he always has with is time. But I'll ask him !