How long can it take????

I have been told that the proccess to go from being accepted for a teaching position to starting the work will take 6 months. is this true? it is just that i see so many jobs stating immediate start.

I understand that this may be because of the type of visa that companies give you, and I am wondering whether it would be a better idea to wait for a company that will give me the correct working visa rather than work on any other type; even though the process will be longer.

Cheers

You never know whether the second chance may come...

And 6 months is nothing for a Saudi visa process...6 months it can be for any visa...It's just the process is slow, long and tedious...Find out your visa profession and do accordingly...

All the best...

Thanks for that. I am going to teach and I thought that the visa process would be completed by the people I work through or for. I was also under the impression that they would pay for it; though that doesn't seem to be much anyway. I am concerned that I may have to do all the paperwork though.

Thanks again

If a school is hiring you they should be doing the visa paperwork and paying for it. If not this may be a red flag.

Visa process in any field is slow even if it says the job starts immediately. 6 months is very common. My husband's took 3 months and many felt that was actually done quickly.

Thank you very much, this is exactly the information I am looking for.

So, if I am expected to complete the paperwork... stay well away.

Thanks again

Dear nellyp3
In which university you are going?
I got an offer letter for the post of professor from a university in Feb, 2015. But till today i dont get the visa.

nellyp3 wrote:

I have been told that the proccess to go from being accepted for a teaching position to starting the work will take 6 months. is this true? it is just that i see so many jobs stating immediate start.

I understand that this may be because of the type of visa that companies give you, and I am wondering whether it would be a better idea to wait for a company that will give me the correct working visa rather than work on any other type; even though the process will be longer.

Cheers

I have no concrete offer yet, I am still researching possibilities and options.

I am doing the legwork at the moment that will (I hope) make the proccess at least less of a surprise when I actually start to apply for jobs. I have lots of interest shown at the moment but i am not yet willing to take things further.

In fact i am a little bit worried about my lack of experience teaching adults, which is something I now need to be finding out about. But that is for another thread