Preparing for winter in Jordan

Iam a African lady basically East Africa and I have been living in that region most of my life . I have recently come to Jordan for a short stay of 2 months but with no experience of winter. I have been told that weather here can be cold but since I come from a tropical country, I don't know what to buy to protect myself.I need some support here

Welcome on board.

I don't think the winters are very cold here but the houses are due the lack of isolation. You will notice that the cold outside is more often comfortable is than inside.

I advise you to wear several layers so you can adjust to the temperature.

thanks for this assurance. Any ideas where to go shopping thermol vests and leggings,sweaters etc

Depends on your budget, try several malls and the area of Jabal Hussein.

also in Sweffeyyeh or in Um Uthaina

Salut Nantin,
bon ba en fait moi je viens d'acheter une avec une amie, en fait toute les (shopping malls) ici sont tres cher, especialement que tu viens pour que 2 mois.. ca ce que je te propose quand t'arrive, tu visite down town ,, les truc les moins chers que j'ai trouve jusqu'a maintenant.
a good winter coat va pas te couter pluse que 35 JD, en fait ils commencent de 15 JD and more .
good luck dear, and hope you'll enjoy your stay in here.

Hi Sara,

I noticed that you wrote some part of the message in English. Since this is English part of the forum, perhaps you could write the rest of the message in English too, so that other members can also benefit from the information.

Thank you for your contribution.

Z

Just Sara wrote:

Salut Nantin,
bon ba en fait moi je viens d'acheter une avec une amie, en fait toute les (shopping malls) ici sont tres cher, especialement que tu viens pour que 2 mois.. ca ce que je te propose quand t'arrive, tu visite down town ,, les truc les moins chers que j'ai trouve jusqu'a maintenant.
a good winter coat va pas te couter pluse que 35 JD, en fait ils commencent de 15 JD and more .
good luck dear, and hope you'll enjoy your stay in here.

Sara is right, therefor I advise her to wear several layers. She's only staying two months, so I think she will leaving end of this year. Am I right? Normally you can manage until that time. If you don't use specific winter clothes such as a coat or thermal underwear after your leave, you don't need to buy them if you're planning to go back to your home country.

But that is totally up to you.

going to be harsh winter. already weather showing its mood for coming days

Stock yourself with Foods too :)

Dear All
Thank you so much. this is helpful. Although I did not pick the rest of the advise in Sara response but at least  I got the price range.
Based on the fact that I come from a tropical country this already seems to be very cold for me. I will have to buy the thermal and other coats since I am still here till end Dec and already stories say that it will be much colder than last year.  I will look up the suggested places, Sweffeyyeh , Uthaina and Jabal Hussein.
cheers