How to get a Mongolian Driver License

Hi,

I would like to know what are the steps that are involved in getting a Mongolia driver license. Is it good to go to a driving school and start from there.

If so, would I get a list of approved driving schools that are in Mongolia, So I could choose the right driving school to learn and how would I apply for driver license after learning driving.

Wondering, if there is a Mongolian transport or licensing department website where I can look into, if they have information listed down.

Also, is there a list of driver license local office address available which I can look into to see.

Thanks in advance.

There are driver's ed courses (in Mongolian) offered pretty much everywhere. If you have a valid driver's license from another country then you just need to deal with getting an International Driver's Permit, which you should be able to find info on in your home country.

After that, you have to apply for a Mongolian driver's license at the Traffic Police Department's license center in UB. I think you have the the International Driver's Permit you don't have to take their written exam (only offered in Mongolian), but I'm not 100% sure about that.

The laws for drivers in English, but amendments to traffic laws have changed and there are new regulations concerning fines and penalties for violations now:

http://www.traffic-institute.mn/c_rule/ … 3e-02.html

Hi there,

May I please see if there are any latest updates on how to get a Mongolian driving license? I currently have a driving license in my own country Singapore.

Thanks,

Sean