Based on my recent experiences I have compiled the steps to obtain Birth Certificate, NICOP, Passport and Iqama for Infants in KSA .I wanted to share it for my dear Pakistanis as complete information is not available on the internet to guide in a way so as to get all process done without any hassle
1) After the birth of baby get Birth Statement/Tableegh Wilaadah from your hospital. Make sure all spellings, dates and iqama numbers are correct on Birth Statement issued.
2) Then get it stamped from General Directorate of Health Affairs and after it proceed to Ahwaal Madani/Civil Affairs office to get birth certificate. Ensure you have baby's parents original iqamas ,passports along with photocopies. Remember before going to Ahwaal Madani/Civil Affairs get booked an appointment through internet.
3) Birth Statement/Tableegh Wilaadah from your hospital will not be returned by Ahwaal Madani/Civil Affairs once they issue the birth certificate.Before leaving Ahwaal Madani/Civil Affairs office ensure that you have got it stamped and signed from Manager/Mudeer of Civil Affairs.
4) Then proceed to Ministry of Chamber of Commerce and see MOFA section to get a stamp affixed with signatures for SR 30.
5) After it get the birth certificate translated into English from authorized translator in your city for SR 50.
In all steps from 1-5, there is no need to take baby/mother with you, only father can manage above documentation .Babys presence is needed only when applying for NICOP and MRP as on spot pictures are to be captured for both documents. For iqama issuance also no need to take the baby/mother with you.
6) Now proceed for NICOP, for this must have to visit Jeddah Consulate/Riyadh Embassy .For NICOP get the English Translation attested from Embassy/Consulate (In my case it was from Vice Consular). Now staple your photo copies of Birth Certificate in Arabic, English Translation, Passport of Parents ,Iqama and CNICs of parents. You must retain the token issued by NADRA to get your babys NICOP and can track the status through helpline mentioned on the slip. For infants /children below 15 years NICOP, no need for finger prints signatures/thumb impression. Charges for NICOP Executive category costs SR 132.
7) For passport, you have two options either manual or the digital one .Manual passport is only issued from Riyadh Embassy and not from Jeddah Consulate with charges of SR 230. This passport can be issued the same day when you apply for NICOP and for this along with passport application form you need to give babys passport size pictures with white/blue background. Also provide photo copies of NICOP Slip, Birth Certificate in Arabic, Birth Certificate English Translation, Passport of Parents , Iqama and CNICs of parents. Manual passports get ready after 3 :00PM the same day when you apply for NICOP and Manual Passport. Validity of Manual Passport is upto 31st Dec 2016.But this passport can be used for one time travel that is to exit from KSA. But when you go to Pakistan obtain the MRP and do not get the manual one cancelled. For entry in KSA keep both passports with you. Manual Passports are recommended in cases like if there are Eid holidays approaching close or any event you want to participate in PAK.
8) On the other hand for Digital passports/Machine Readable Passports from Jeddah Consulate/Riyadh Embassy you have to wait till the NICOP gets done OR you can apply if you get to know the babys citizen number issued that can be checked through NADRAs helpline after a week since you applied for NICOP.
9) Iqama can be issued both on manual and digital passports, also you can acquire exit re entry document on both types of passports. For iqama issuance you can visit Jawazat/Passport office on your own and get iqama issuance form filled from agents sitting outside the building and provide with it the copies of babys vaccination card, parents passport with visa pages, parents iqamas, babys passport and birth certificate. Also take with you two passport size pictures of baby as the same will be scanned for babys iqama.
10) The officer there will write narration on passport stating the babys birth in KSA and request for iqama. After it another officer will write a border number on babys passport. Then go to the person who is printing iqamas and will see your babys passport and scan picture before finalizing iqama .
Note: For NICOP, the executive category takes 20 days and MRP takes 25 days approximately. Before proceeding for NICOP and MRP please make sure you get an online/phone appointment to avoid the hassle of waiting for hours or days even.
Aramex /UPS Courier service at Jeddah Consulate/Riyadh Embassy can be used to get your NICOP /Passport delivered at your home within Jeddah/Riyadh for SR 30 and outside Jeddah/Riyadh within KSA for SR 35.
NICOP: National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis
MRP: Machine Readable Passport
NADRA: National Database and Registration Authority
MOFA: Ministry of Foreign Affairs