Wahba Crater

Me and my cousin had been planning for weeks to visit the crater, we really don't know the coordinates.
anyone know how to get there?  or someone who can accompany us there?
our suggested itinerary is, Go there by 7:00 pm and leave in the morning after the short trek.

regards,

ely

Going there by 7:PM is not recommended . Better to start early morning and leave from there before sunset.

What r we talking about here

Is it the crater in taif? Want to go there too. Do you mind if i will come with you guys? 😂 😂

Kaby wrote:

Going there by 7:PM is not recommended . Better to start early morning and leave from there before sunset.

really kaby.. hmm guess we have to change the itinerary then. Friday noon maybe, we want to camp out on the crater and do some astro photography, trek down by 5 am.

rareshine wrote:

What r we talking about here

Wahba crater 5 hours from taif i guess. google it rare, its a great place to camp out :D

makiboi90 wrote:

Is it the crater in taif? Want to go there too. Do you mind if i will come with you guys? 😂 😂

sure maki, me and my cousin will finalize it by next week :)

Just let me know. Got 1 day off only and it's every Friday.

makiboi90 wrote:

Damn that's tight bro, i don't think you're gonna be able to come with us as we're gonna stay 1 night there to star gaze.

😞😞😞

The coordinates:

22°54'4"N 41°8'29"E

Its worth camping overnight there... really awsome , best times to go there Dec-Mar

ahmadaq wrote:

The coordinates:

22°54'4"N 41°8'29"E

Its worth camping overnight there... really awsome , best times to go there Dec-Mar

thanks bro, you're a life saver.

WE DID IT! it was so much fun camping through the night. :D i'll be back for sure!

Check out the photos below, its in pdf file!

PHOTOS!

Nice photos, dude.

Specially the last pic of the night awesome view, its so amazing !

elyboi wrote:
makiboi90 wrote:

Damn that's tight bro, i don't think you're gonna be able to come with us as we're gonna stay 1 night there to star gaze.

Nice pics...how was star gazing ? did u fall in love ? :D

Hi, I wish I would have seen this msg before :(. I have been there few times & always enjoyed the place.
I have few questions about camping there, if someone can help:
- Is it safe to stay with family there? half of family is into photography & would love to shoot stars + milky way galaxy, which I assume would be very much visible there.
- Camping sites are present? my last trip was in 2012 & never see camps there? or one can have there own arrangements?

PS: I cannot see pictures in your PDF :(....  why is that?

Cheers

elyboi wrote:

WE DID IT! it was so much fun camping through the night. :D i'll be back for sure!

PHOTOS!

Can you post photos in Jeddah photos as everyone can see , i am unable to open your link

amm1402 wrote:

Hi, I wish I would have seen this msg before :(. I have been there few times & always enjoyed the place.
I have few questions about camping there, if someone can help:
- Is it safe to stay with family there? half of family is into photography & would love to shoot stars + milky way galaxy, which I assume would be very much visible there.
- Camping sites are present? my last trip was in 2012 & never see camps there? or one can have there own arrangements?

PS: I cannot see pictures in your PDF :(....  why is that?

Cheers

Hi Mr. Adnan,

Good day to you, regarding your questions:

1. Yes I think it's safe. we were only 3, there is nobody else in the crater but us. I'm planning to be back and bring my family as well. Going down is fun too, as long as you're physically fit. Going back up is quite hard for first timers on trekking as i saw my two cousins left behind gasping for air, constant stopping and resting.
2. Camping sites are present in the area, there are small cottages scattered around the crater. We didn't use it though, we brought our own tents, some cottage are dirty and we were thankful we brought our own tents.
3. and of course yes, you'll be 100 successful of getting the milky way, i tried astrophotography there but to no avail i didnt quite get what i wanted as i dont know how to read stars.

PS: You have a great gallery sir :) share some of your astrophotography :)

Cheers!

tariqkhattak70 wrote:
elyboi wrote:

PHOTOS!

Can you post photos in Jeddah photos as everyone can see , i am unable to open your link

i will try that sir

great! :top:
i want to experience the adventure
hope i could join the next exploration