Health insurance

Just going through the list of stuff we may need and wondered what the best way to get health insurance. From the uk or in Bulgaria

You can trasfer your UK NHS to bulgaria AND have private insurance. if you are not strapped for cash i would have both

Would it be best to get the private health insurance in the uk before we come or buy a Bulgarian health insurance?

Hi,,You can use your EHIC card in BG & if needed & get cheaper Private cover  in BG

I've been doing some investigating and I've discovered that, although we can get health cover in Bulgaria using the European Health Insurance Card and eventually signing up to the Bulgarian Health Care System, the care that is available can be a bit on the basic side.

So I was thinking about paying a bit and having international health insurance. The cost of this varies from a bit expensive to extremely expensive which in itself caused my blood pressure readings to soar.

Has anybody else got any experience of such insurance schemes or any comments to make on them?

Questions and answers about the health system

Ask your question
Medical cover
By beahor
Dental clinic in Sofia or Plovdiv
By arbra
Vaccinations for US citizen children
By shumw2
Terry the M
Doctors and dentists in Veliko Tarnovo.
By Terry the M
Doctor speaking minimum English
By Ahmaadd

Expatriate health insurance in Bulgaria

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Bulgaria

Moving to Bulgaria

Find tips from professionals about moving to Bulgaria

Travel insurance in Bulgaria

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Bulgaria

Flights to Bulgaria

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Bulgaria