Getting married in Egypt

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me please? I plan on getting married in Egypt in February. I am from the UK do I need to apply for a residency visa? I literally have no clue what I need to do I am very confused by it all. I know I need to get a certificate to say I have reverted to Islam which isn't a problem for me . But all the other paperwork I need to do is very confusing please help. Thank you :)

Congratulations for getting married and converting to Islam
If you're going to stay more than a month you should apply for residency
I'm not really sure is it 30 days or 90 days from your entrance date

Hello, wish you a great married life and all the happiness
What you will need to do here is like that
1- get you passport (which of course will be with you as long you will come here to Egypt)
2- a document from your country (registry office) which approves that you can get marry and make sure from your place that your embassy here will accept it)
3- once you come here you will give that document to your embassy and ask them to give you a document that allow you to marry here.
4- you will go to Tahrir square here in Cairo with your future husband requesting a resident visa just to get married (it will be for 3 month)
5- with your new resident visa, that document from your embassy, your passport and they may request a health exam. You will go to the ministry of justice (a registry office just for marrying Foreigners) in "Lazogly square" to make your marriage contract (((congratulations then😀)))
6-After getting married and receiveing the contract you can go to cancel that resident visa you got and request another one which should be for 5 years
7- after 2 years of marriage you can request your nationality
Good luck with all the happiness

No I'm staying for 3 weeks but been told I need a temporary residential visa to get married

Wow thank you :) can I not get that in Egypt instead of going to my registry office here?

Your embassy should give you a document that will allow you to get marry here so I believe without the that paper from your country the embassy won't help
I have that experience because I tried to do that tor my wife here and it didn't work
Good luck and if you need any help please let me know :)

I have got an appointment for my no impediment is there anything else I need to bring with me?

I hope there's nithibg else
But it's better to get your birth certificate with you anyway

Yeah I will be getting that too I still find it all so confusing. Do you know if I can apply for the residency visa online?

No such way!!
But anyway it's so easy here to take your resident visa..you will receive it in the same day of your request.. The place where you will go is crowded yeah! But for sure you will receive it by the afternoon if you will request it on the morning

Yeah if it's the place I'm thinking of it gets very crowded, So I need to go early in the morning to get it the same day I'm sure I read somewhere that it takes 3 days

They start there at 8:30 but to make sure that everyone in his place to work it's fine to be there at 9 am.. It was always like that to be received in the same day if you will request in the morning but if you will request in the afternoon you will receive it next day.. I wish nothing changed yet
But anyway here in Egypt sadly to tell that if you find the right person who will take from you some tips be sure your life will be perfect into those places (the good side of the moon hehehehe)...
In any governmental place here if you want to pass any Q or break any rule, just some tips and everything will be done while drinking a cup of tea (that's the real dark side of the moon here)

Oh I know everything there can be done with money lol you just have to find the person. I really hope it goes smoothly but then again nothing ever goes smoothly

I am so sure everything will be great.. Just bring with you all the documents that you uave im your closet lool.. That document to prove that you can marry is the most important.. Anything else will be so easy
Please if you think that there's a hrlp that I can do just let me know .. Or if there's a place you want to call here to confirm any step.. I can do that with all my pleasure 😀
Wish you all the happiness

It's all the documents I'm unsure of I have been emailing the consular and have just been informed that I have to get my marriage declaration from the british embassy in Cairo. I just want to get everything right I really don't want to get to the ministry of justice just to be told that I don't have the right documents

Yes that marriage declaration you will get from te embassy it depends on that marriage declaration that you should bring with you from the registery office in UK..
When you should come yo egypt?

Hi you don't have to convert to Islam are you going to be living in Egypt or the uk once married ?

yes true but no one said that she should convert to get married!!

I'm flying out on the 11th. I don't know what the difference is between the non impediment and the declaration

I will be living in the UK but I have already converted to Islam I didn't do it for anything or anyone else but myself

no difference... The non impediment document is a declaration which says that you can marry

Here we write the religion when we make the marriage contract so if you have a document which says that you are muslim so please bring it to let them right down that you are a muslim and show it to your embassy too so they will write down on that document they will give your religion is Islam
If you don't have any document and still want them to write down that you are muslim so you will need to go to al-Azhar to declare there that your are muslim and get a certificate from there

So I can get the non impediment here and get it legalised there?

Yes you will get it from UK then the embassy in cairo m will take it from you to give you another document which you will use it to marry here which should guve some of your information in Arabic

I know I have to get some documents translated I'm so glad I'm only ever doing this once so much stress haha. I think things are becoming clear now

Yea and the good thing is there are some places accept your documents in English too without translation.. But I am not sure that you will knock their door this time maybe when you want to register a baby inshaAllah

Insha Allah I know knowing my luck I'm going to have a stressful time

InshaAllah eveything will be great and you will inform me with your good news 🎉👰🏼

Insha Allah  thank you for all your help

You are morr than welcome 😀

I am commenting to just say that I am really happy to see such decent comments :) Really this made my day...not seeing harassers and those who say stupid stuff is really amazing....keep it up guys. And may I wish you a happy marriage too isA :)

Thanks a lot for you nice comment here, I do appreciate it :)
I believe that's what we should do which is helping each other

Me too  it's nice to be nice

Hi.....I am preparing for the same and I have a question about the non impediment document. Once I have this from the UK....do I need to get it legalised by the FCO in the UK and is there a date it will become invalid? For example if I get the document this month from a solicitor and then legalised; will it be valid to use in March 2016?

I don't know what is the FCO?!
I believe in many countries it should be valid for one month.. But the office where you will get that document should let you know for how lon that document is valid! And it is a good idea to call your embassy here in Cairo or send them an email, I'm so sure they will answer you fast.

https://www.gov.uk/government/world/org … assy-cairohttps://www.gov.uk/marriage-abroad

All the best for you

I spoke to the british embassy in Cairo and they told me that a non impediment from this country isn't recognised over there and that you have to do the declaration from there

Dear friends,

I have a simple and complicated question in the same time...can someone please tell me if a single christian (woman) can marry a married muslim ( man in Cairo)? I am asking this because in all the European countries they will never accept polygamy and the Embassy will not give me the approval to get married as much as for getting my approval  I need his statutory declaration in which if he will take it he is already married but I am wondering if the Ministry of Justice will marry us without my Embassy approval and if the certificate of marriage is eligible after this?
If there is another way to get married legally please let me know, I am ready to convert to Islam too as I feel close to the religion and I understand the practice and belief.
I will be more than regardful if someone can tell me a way of getting married in the conditions mentioned above.

Thank you in advance.

Hello
I just relied you on your other topic that yoi sent!
Do you want me to send you a copy of what i sent you before here?!!!
Regards

Hello Sulo
How are you?!! Tell me your news .. I want to say Mabrouk:)))))

sulo1979 wrote:

So I can get the non impediment here and get it legalised there?

You can get it from a British embassy abroad, but it's a lot easier to go to your local registry office and get it there.
It takes a few weeks as the marriage notice has to be posted in the usual way, but you'll have to get it legalised in London.
Go down to the city the night before and get to the office an hour before they open so you're first in the queue.
That way you'll get it back same day.