Top Schools in Riyadh for A levels ? and Hi !

Hello guys !

This is Vikram from Pakistan and I will be moving to Riyadh in June and am pretty excited to experience this new place :D

As I will be doing A levels from this city, can you suggest me some top schools in Riyadh which offers GCE AS/A2 levels ?

By going through various forums and blogs, I have short-listed three schools, British International School, Multinational School and Manarat-Al-Riyadh school. Out of these, in which school should I get admitted into ?

Waiting for your replies.

Regards,
Vikram

The only one that I am aware of that does A levels is the British school.

Viku wrote:

Hello guys !

This is Vikram from Pakistan and I will be moving to Riyadh in June and am pretty excited to experience this new place :D

As I will be doing A levels from this city, can you suggest me some top schools in Riyadh which offers GCE AS/A2 levels ?

By going through various forums and blogs, I have short-listed three schools, British International School, Multinational School and Manarat-Al-Riyadh school. Out of these, in which school should I get admitted into ?

Waiting for your replies.

Regards,
Vikram

Hi Vikram,
My children are in the British School, albeit in primary school but it does seem like a good school. They are quite tough on admissions so it would be worthwhile calling them well in advance to make sure that they have places and thy would be willing to consider you. I also know peoplewhose children are in the Multinational school and they seem to be quite happy there as well.
I hope that helps :)

The British School is the best of the three from the list above.

Multi National/Manarat may fall in as second best.

All three offer the London AS/A Level Courses

Thanks alot for your replies :)
@Zara, Yeah you are right, same thing was also discussed in other forums that its hard to get into BIS compared to other schools. I emailed them twice regarding admission policy and procedures, but didnt get any reply from them. What about Kind Saud International School ? How is it ?

@Musicman, Thanks.

Viku wrote:

Thanks alot for your replies :)
@Zara, Yeah you are right, same thing was also discussed in other forums that its hard to get into BIS compared to other schools. I emailed them twice regarding admission policy and procedures, but didnt get any reply from them. What about Kind Saud International School ? How is it ?

Hi, I don't know much about Saud International. My advice would be to keep trying BISR but in the meantime apply to either Multinational or Manarat. The American school is also good but the curriculum may vary according to what you want to study.
Good Luck!

Thanks for your help Zara :)

Hey, okay so take it from me. Go to the British.
I have lived in Riyadh 9 years (I'm seventeen) so I'd know.
The Manarat will NEVER get you into a good uni. Also everyone hates it.
Multinational School, stay the heck away from there! From the past five years, I've gone there. At first it was good, but then all the good teachers left and now its FILLED with racist teachers and a horrid principal. They steal so much money from you, and you barely learn anything in the process. No joke, the teachers are SO rude about 8 students were so upset they left, in just one year. I am one of those students. Don't get me wrong, Multinational is GREAT for kids because those teachers are strict but know what they are talking about. For high school they hired the most uneducated teachers possible.

The British school is stable and is filled with good teachers.

My grandkids, 16+ and 14+, have been attending Manarat since their KG days and are sitting for the IGCSE's and A Levels conducted by Cambridge which should give them an equal opportunity to enter any good University in UK, Canada or the USA. They are both Canadian nationals and have already discussed University opportunities with various University counselors who were here from UK and the USA for possible entry.

While I agree that the Administration and disciplinary standards at Manarat is absolutely putrid they have some excellent academic staff hired from the UK/USA, especially in the boys section.

I have been told that Multi National has, in many ways, hit the bottom of the barrel in terms of academics and discipline, sadly.

I still would prefer the American School in Riyadh where our older daughter had her education from 1985-89. The British School, during that era, was also quite good since our younger daughter was a student there during the same period. There is, certainly, a marked difference in the personalities of the students that these two institutions ceate without a doubt.

Why would you want to do A levels? The standard is so low!

@Maserman, The system is recognized all over the world. What should I ask for more ? Plus may I know that your so called LOW STANDARD is evaluated on what basis ? :)

@gabriel, I fully agree with Musicman. The school has no direct contact with students over getting admitted to universities. The schools though groom and help students in making them good enough t get accepted to fine universities. The maximum the school can contribute to a student's CV is to offer loads of extra-curricular activities to students within as well as outside the school premises because universities select them based on their both academic grades and participation in extra-curricular activities.
Regarding the grades, it solely depends on the students.

You said that manarat kids cant get admission in good universities. Well, I know many manarat students ( via facebook) who had managed to get into one of the finest universities in UK, USA and Canada.

FYI, One of Manarat International Schools O Level boys scored the second highest aggregate in the world in 2010. Their O Level pass rate is 90% for boys and 95% for girls in 2010.

GCE (O) and (A) are the basis for any University admission in the UK from Oxford, Cambridge to the rest. All USA and Canadian Universities also recognize them. I believe, from my own experience, that the standards of both are way above the SAT/IB exams/system of North America.

You are correct in saying that they are used for University entrance but the issue is that the standard of them has dropped so that schools look good in tables on how many students get an A B or C.

Universities recognise this by almost doubling the amount of A levels you require to gain entrance to a course.

I also had my children in the english system and took them out when I saw the pathetic level they were being taught at.

I just need to look at all the people running around with micky mouse masters degree's to know commerce and self interest has taken over from education.

If you wanna look at it from that perspective then I can point fingers to the millions walking the streets of Riyadh with MBA's and PhD's yet cannot write a single sentence in simple English. Ive interviewed tons of them, some of whom I wouldn't even hire to shine my shoes, sadly.

Even so many Saudi students returning to KSA from UK/USA with these bits and pieces of paper are not worth the ink within the print.

I never look at the paperwork. Just 15 minutes of conversation is enough to tell me whether to hire or bin. Thanks to a 42 year working career... Phew!

wen is my interview? or is it over without my knowledge?

you wanna shine my shoes, Shahab?

Shaby, you aren't going anywhere!  :proud   And MM - you are SO mean!  Can't beleive you would treat Shaby that way!  :dumbom:

hey CAF, my wife shines my shoes every single day. Shahab should feel honored.

heheheh  I need to speak with her!    :lol:   Give her and the rest of the fam, my regards!

She insists on doing it even though I ask her not to. All Women love just love shoes, I believe!! heh heh. She sends her regards too.

first of all, i aint a woman to like shoes (as u said)... and secondly, i too myself dont shine shoes, i like them rugged (maybe i started liking them that ways) ;) and sir, atleast let me know wen am i gonna get the sharing something from ur brain... not the other end?
and CAF, where r u???

but thats where my brain is located, Shahab didnt you know that it shifts after 60?

no i just knew that it shifts to the right place after the age of 25 (or 30 in some cases)

and then after 60 it moves down there

hmmm... some useful information ;)

Regression is an up and down sort of thing for some people!!!  :dumbom:

Shaby, Im home for a few weeks.  Missing everyone too!  See you after the first if you're in the area...  How is the new job?

well, ya i might be coming back by then... and who the hell told u i joined a new job??? i just came to interview some people for the Jeddah office

I know everything!  :D

good... i also thought u would

hi guys am salma
i'm moving to ksa , riyadh and i'm setting for my AS (cambridge international eximanition)
can you guys tell me is Al Rowad school a good acredited school ?if not then which school
i dont want schools that offers the london board As/A2 exams only the cambiredge exams
thanks

is Al Rowad school acredited and provides good education for AS/A2 levels
and does it offer the cambridge (CIE) exams or london ?

Personally, I wouldn't recommend Al Rawad. Manarat Internbational is a much better choice (appros SR 30,000 per year tuition). The other better option is the British Schools in Riyadh but at a price (around SR 45,000 per year).

musicman wrote:

Personally, I wouldn't recommend Al Rawad. Manarat Internbational is a much better choice (appros SR 30,000 per year tuition). The other better option is the British Schools in Riyadh but at a price (around SR 45,000 per year).

On British school website price quoted for A levels is very high around 68000 SAR per annum?

That is certainly possible since of late since I havent checked their website in recent times.

anyone know anything about abdul aziz international in suleimaniyah? heard its a pretty good school too?

Have heard about these new International Schools but unable to say about the quality of education, discipline and quality they offer. One of the biggest drawbacks is the quality of the staff who are not easily available in these parts

how is Manarate International School for A Levels, anyone knows for fee schedule.

yes, the academic levels are good
excellent results at both IGCSE and As/A2
fees are SR 30,000 per year

can i have any feedback for A Levels Edcuation from Saud International and
Abdulaziz International School.