Tax residency vs residency card

Hi all,

I have another question.
We have UK passports and recently registered and received our Greek residence certificate.

We both work for a UK company which gets paid directly into our UK accounts with the relevant NI/Social security and taxes deducted.
Now that we have registered does that automatically mean that we are also tax residents in Greece?

I think tax residence is if you live for more than 183 days per year but you have to register for a residence permit if you stay for more than 3 months. Not sure what happens if you're in between the two?
Now we will potentially move between the UK and Greece so trying to figure out if we need to de-register if we aren't going to be in Greece for the 183 days?

What are the latest employee tax bands? If we file a tax return in Greece, I'm assuming we will just pay the additional tax owed to Greece due to the tax agreement with the UK.
I've also heard that you can deduct certain things from your taxable pay, does anyone have any information on this?

Thanks

You pay the additional tax to the Greek government..tax is related to IKA..

Just to ask you if you have obtained your Taxisnet.gr account numbers,if you will be taxed elsewhere then surely you will not be taxed again.Where would your main residence be?The best thing for you to do is find a good accountant here in Greece,they will sort out your tax obligations and where and whom you will pay.You have to be residing here full time for a residence certificate.Total Brexit looms as of the first of Jan although a further grace period of three months I think will be in place in Greece and maybe all EU for Brits who have been residing there and need to sort their residency status.Im not sure but I think one needs five years living here prior to total Brexit so as to obtain a residency permit,I dont know what happens to Brits who have been living here for less than that.That residency certificate has to be changed into a serious permit as Brits will be third country people from now on.If you own anything here you will need a tax number and that includes for a car and renting property.Obviously if making yourself a resident here meant double tax you wouldnt do it,you would just come and go I guess.But speak with an accountant here.

If you go to an accountant where ever you are residing they will inform you on all your tax uncertainties,you pay them a bit for that service but you will have it straight from the horses mouth.Your residency certificate for Greece has to be changed to a permit if you are non EU and EU members need that residency certificate if living here more than three months.